Scarface NiceGuy mini review

Mr.NiceGuy

WiiChat Member
Oct 18, 2007
New Jersey
Wii Online Code
2352-9528-8372-8013
This isn't a review like the other ones but it is a semi review/rant :)
Scarface is a very underrated game for the Wii...
If you like GTA at all then you will not be disappointed!
===========================================

Well I guess no one here has played SCARFACE which is ashame since it is a kick ass Wii game. It is basically Vice City with improvements. (you can call a car/boat at anytime on your cell, you can piss on downed opponents, you can pimp your mansion with all kinds of crap - stuffed tigers!!) Oh and also you slowly work you way up by first selling grams of coke to local street dealers and by the end you are selling kilos to all of your fronts. This game is really amazing if you like GTA.

Finally the best upgrade is the ability to drive and shoot with the wiimote. Imagine driving around as fast as possible and shooting where ever you want with the wiimote. This is easily the best adaption of the wiimote I have seen in an adventure game. It just feels so easy to snipe heads, arms, and legs off while driving around and the body parts go flying... :)

Oh and did I mention the chainsaw... muwhahahahaha
To get to the point, please atleast rent Scarface and you will see that it is not only the most 'mature' game for the Wii but it is incredibly addicting and fun to work your way up in the world.
--------
I cannot stress this enough, the whole story is fluid, you actually feel like you are making strides towards dominating the world as Tony. Please at least rent the game and anyone will instantly see what I am talking about.

In SCARFACE the side missions actually effect the main story and everything flows together. It is hard to describe but you really bring Tony from rags to riches, from grams to kilos, from low riders to $3 million cars, from bribing the cops and gangs to owning the cops and gangs...

It is an excellent way to get lost in Tony's world and it is hilarious. Did I forget to mention that you can have over 30 conversations with any pedestrian, decapitations, peeing on downed opponents, being able to yell at anyone at any time... This game has it all :smilewinkgrin:

Nice little review here.
I did rent this game awhile back and quite enjoyed it.

I've had this game for awhile now ,but Mr.NiceGuy....you have to admit this game is extremely difficult. Don't get me wrong it's one of the closest experince we have to GTA on Wii ,but the developer made it too hard. In gun battles med packs are way too sparse so the only way to safely get around in missions is to have the MEDIK cheat code enabled (using the nicely featured CHEAT menu) then if you get into a cop chase if your whole map border goes red there is no way to get rid of the cops ,and its almost an automatic game over.

The game is great yes ,but there is some glaring flaws. I could go on with my other problems in the game ,but i won't. I still enjoy it as i'm playing through it currently (just finished No More Heroes) ,but thats not to say i can ignore its problems.

Are you serious Maximo ?
I am not going to question your gaming ability but I didn't find this game hard at all!? Seriously though it sounds like you forgot how to use the Blind Rage mode which fills your health for every enemy you kill... so basically it allows you to kill people while getting more health.

If that held you back from getting thru the game then I can understand why you may not favor it. The game is very satisfying as you complete the game since you get a great feeling of bringing Tony from rags to riches, grams to kilos, etc...

It stinks that it was too challenging for you but I assure most gamers will find this game a pleasant surprise in the Wii library. Please at least rent this game people, you will enjoy it

the problem with blindrage is when you are facing gangs it can kick up your cop visibility extremely quick which brings you to that almost impossible "lose the cops" segment. Plus it also takes quite a few kills before you're rage meter fills up to execute blind rage so which in the mean time you can blown away. I think someone here is just blinded (pun intended) by how much they love this game.

I played the first half of the game without a single cheat now it's gotten to the point that it's almost necessary. I'm on the south beach missions trying to take out the gangs i lowered my cop heat yet my visibility meter barely gets a quarter aways around the map ,and i get the whole "lose the cops" segment which with south beach being so small it's literally impossible. The lose the cops feature is by far the worst ,and most annoying part of this game. A lot of people i know who is/has played this said the same thing.

i have this game and i reckon it's awesome. I did prefer The Godfather over it, but I haven't played Scarface all that much... I have a few games i've only played once... ive got like 23 or 24 games now, so i've stopped buying them for a while and i'll play through them all (i can't believe i haven't even got all the stars on mario yet! or finished metroid! grrr!)

i played this game for wii for a little bit and it was a hell of an experience, very fun game, very good review

Mate,

If any Video Store in My City had it, I would surely rent it.

again not to keep nagging on it but I never even considered using cheats once while playing the game... if you use Silenced Weapons your cop meter doesn't go up so I rarely had the cop problem that you describe. Also I actually liked the cop idea they used cause it changed things up and made it like you had to out run the cops... literally on foot sometimes :)

The game did have a few minor issues, the main one being it takes a couple seconds to go into blind rage mode since you have to start taunting first (yes you can taunt like Tony at any point and it actually gives you more balls... heheh)

I am just trying to bring this sweet game to some peoples attention since this is a very mature game with an open world that is really fun.... :smilewinkgrin:

i like to know how you are killing everyone in a gang fight with a silencer pistol when guys can surround you. 2nd of all just because the gun is silenced doesn't mean your visibility can't go up. Because it still even goes up if your battle takes place close to the public ,and the only way to get it go down is to put your weapon away for a bit. This becomes a problem in south beach because most of the gang battles are so close to public areas ,and theres so little space to run so its hard to put your weapon away for a bit while in a battle just to drop your visibility. Heck there was many times in south beach my visibility was barely up ,and my cop heat was paid off ,and i still got the lose the cops for fighting a gang in an alley ,and in south beach its too small to make an easy get away.

I have played both...

Scarface is very easy. In a gang gun battle you are stupid to run around, why not just run them over and shoot from the car!!! :yesnod: That way you dont get killed. And to evade the cops all you got to do is run to the nearest pier and get in a boat.

Have any of you been to the islands?

Of course, I beat the game but I don't want to spoil it for others. I know I have tried to spread the word about this game on these forums but it is hard since everyone is playing SSBB. Scarface is easily the best 'film adapted' game I have ever played... easily :)

Back