Screen Protectors?

cosmichobo

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2007
G'day,

Newbie DS lite owner here (ok, not me, my fiancée).

We bought a DS lite, free with the Dalmation dog game, and then picked up Brain Training and a 6pce accessory pack too, which included a soft-case for the DS, 2 cases to store your games in, a lanyard, earphones, and a screen protector - basically clear stickers to place over the DS' screens to protect them.

Do you recommend using the screen protectors? As it's a touch based console, I am thinking it would be a good idea... (I have an Apple Newton, and know that with time its screen started to get a bit "rough" so to speak).

Cheers

cosmic

Considering it's a 6pc kit, I'm guessing it's not of the highest quality, and thus the adhesive would probably leave loads of crap on the screen if you ever wanted to take it off to replace it or something.

I still have an original DS which got a fair bit of play, and I don't notice anything wrong with my screen, so I'd say you're safe without a protector unless you have kiddies with car keys or something.

I'm gonna have to disagree with Brawny sort of. He makes a good point about the adhesive and such. But that depends on the quality of your screen protectors.

If you're unsure of the quality don't use them and get some Hori screen protectors from dealextreme.com or somewhere similar. It'll take a long time to ship but they're only like $1.50. The Hori protectors won't leave gunk on your screen or anything and they are very good quality.

I would definitely advise using some form of protector though. I scratched my DS Lite screen a bit waiting for my protectors to ship from China (cheap but far away) playing Elite Beat Agents. I was quite sad. Protectors all the way, a must for at least the bottom screen. If you go to a gamestop or any electronics department with a playable model DS you'll see the screen is almost white from scratches.

Not sure if the original DS screen is just tougher or Brawny has the magic touch.

Last edited:
Back