SD card transfer info direct from Nintendo

miiguy

All I can hear is you.
May 14, 2007
Manchester
I was one of the first Wii owners in the Uk, getting mine on launch date. December 8th 2007

I recently went to a friends house who has just got his and he has the channel which allows you to transfer to SD. (I can't quite remember what it's called)

Mine does not. :mad5:

So I phone Nintendo, who said any game from Mario Strikers onwards (whether it be an online game or not) will have on it an update for the Wii for this channel.

I also asked this scenario:

I have Godfather, transfer my data to an SD card and take it to my mates who also has Godfather saved on his internal memory. Once you load the game, which memory does the Wii read? :wtf:

Answer: The internal memory. So if your mate has it. He has to transfer it off his Wii so you can transfer yours on. :

I also quizzed on downloading save files via the internet (including American) and using them on Uk wii's. He said there should eb no problem but don't use japanese ones as the PAL do not have the characters for the games.

I have no intention of putting my Wii on the internet so for anyone else who is of the same ilk. This may be useful

Thank you please.

Last edited:
Wii_Smurf said:
An actual channel?
Like it comes up next to the weather one etc? o_O

No, when you go into Wii settings, data management, I don't have the channel that allows you to transfer to SD.

Is your first language german?

Anyhow, yeah, they're right about having to transfer the save data off. That sucks. Hopefully in the future you will be given the option to load from one or the other.

ZiG said:
Is your first language german?

Who me?

If yes, what makes you come to that conclusion?:wtf:

Ahhhh, megets it now.:lol:

Last edited:
miiguy said:
Who me?

If yes, what makes you come to that conclusion?:wtf:

Ahhhh, megets it now.:lol:

Yeah, you. And I thought it might be because at the end of your first post you said "thank you please" and I know from my books (I'm trying to learn German) that bitte (sp?) means both please and thank you in German... At least, I think I remember that correctly.

AZ_Wii_Tard said:
They released an update a while back that allows you to transfer files to and from and SD card. Here is the link:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/sdCards.jsp

Quote:
If you wish to use an SD Card as a storage device, but are unable to connect your Wii console online or have no plans to do so, please call 1-800-255-3700 for available options.

I said this at the beginning?

Last edited:
If i have a gamecube save file on my copm and i put it on an sd can i transfer it to my gamecube memory card ? or will the wii read the sd gamecube file?

chach said:
If i have a gamecube save file on my copm and i put it on an sd can i transfer it to my gamecube memory card ? or will the wii read the sd gamecube file?

Pass. I didn't ask that i'm afraid.

Matt's_A_Bluebird said:
Why not, the Wii is awesome with the internet? What about all the online games that are going to come out?

Two letters mate

PC.

I have all my online needs on that. I don't need both. I'm not really a fan of online gaming. Much prefer old fashioned "mates round the house for a Wii/Playstation night"

Of which I have one planned for Saturday!

miiguy said:
Two letters mate

PC.

I have all my online needs on that. I don't need both. I'm not really a fan of online gaming. Much prefer old fashioned "mates round the house for a Wii/Playstation night"

Of which I have one planned for Saturday!

Connecting the Wii to the internet allows it to download updates. Updates that can fix errors and add features.
It also allows you to download additional games for the mates around the house night.

Edit: Did you forget why you started this thread? Its because you are missing the SD card functionality.... which is fixed by connecting to the internet.

Back