SD Card

WiiQUID

WiiChat Member
May 3, 2007
Hi. I want to get an SD card for the wii. What size and speed do you guys recommend? Is Nintendo version any special or will any generic one do?
Any specific brand you guys prefer? I want to watch movies on it. So I will probably need at least a two gig. Will the speed of the card matter?

2gb cards are effin cheap. lolz. newegg.com + promo codes can get you a 2gb for about 10 bucks with shipping ;).

Absolutely jack crap to be quite honest. I would be one VERY happy person if they made it to where you could save your games to SD cards and take them to your friends house.

Spiritshotgun said:
Absolutely jack crap to be quite honest. I would be one VERY happy person if they made it to where you could save your games to SD cards and take them to your friends house.

uhhh all you have to do is move the files to ur sd card and voila...mobile wii game files

Sonik said:
uhhh all you have to do is move the files to ur sd card and voila...mobile wii game files

I'm aware of this, but in order to actually keep the saves and have them work on your friends wii is impossible from what i've heard, the saves save directly to the wii and ive actually tried moving my game saves to my SD card and seeing if it was possible to load from the SD. Not possible.

Spiritshotgun said:
I'm aware of this, but in order to actually keep the saves and have them work on your friends wii is impossible from what i've heard, the saves save directly to the wii and ive actually tried moving my game saves to my SD card and seeing if it was possible to load from the SD. Not possible.

I think there might be a way, although I have not personally tested this so I cannot guarantee this will work. If your friend doesn't already have a game save data file for the particular game you wanna play with on their Wii console, try copying your data from your SD to their console, and try it that way. If they already have a game save data file for the game you want to play with your own data, have them transfer their data from their console to their own SD card, and delete their original data, and then transfer yours into their console. Hopefully that made sense.

friedriceballer said:
I think there might be a way, although I have not personally tested this so I cannot guarantee this will work. If your friend doesn't already have a game save data file for the particular game you wanna play with on their Wii console, try copying your data from your SD to their console, and try it that way. If they already have a game save data file for the game you want to play with your own data, have them transfer their data from their console to their own SD card, and delete their original data, and then transfer yours into their console. Hopefully that made sense.

Well see, that just means your friend would lose their data. why delete custom chars? should be able to trade between wiis. see what i'm getting at? not that i have any friends with a wii, but if someone I know gets one, and theres a game like that around, it would be easier for each of us to load from one mem card apiece, kinda like the PS2.

Spiritshotgun said:
Well see, that just means your friend would lose their data. why delete custom chars? should be able to trade between wiis. see what i'm getting at? not that i have any friends with a wii, but if someone I know gets one, and theres a game like that around, it would be easier for each of us to load from one mem card apiece, kinda like the PS2.

Well, technically they wouldn't lose their data, because in the method I described, they would move their data to their SD card, assuming they had one. But I agree, the SD card hasn't really proved useful for the Wii so far, they need to make it so it can act like a good old school memory card at the very least.

Is it possible to save VC games in a SD card and just upload it and play in another system?

Back