SD Cards...What Size?

Adam_san

Grand Master
Nov 6, 2007
Cardiff, South Wales, UK
Just a quick question... i want to get a sd card or a few sd cards to backup the games i have purchased and downloaded from the wii shop.

Any idea what size card or cards? the wii only states the size in blocks, well as far as i can tell.

(obvisouly the more games the bigger or more cards needed)

Thanks in advance.

Adam

Supposedly the Wii can only support SD cards up to 2 gigs. Although I've heard that some 4 gig cards work.

I'm pretty sure you won't be needing too much space unless you have lots and lots of VC games.

Cheers for your speedy reply, 2gig it is then, if more are needed then more are needed. Ive turned into a backup freak after losing my entire hdd on my pc :yikes:

no problemo. welcome to wiichat.

Just so you know, once you download a game from the wii shop channel, it can be downloaded to your Wii again at any time for free (even if you delete it). The only time you run into problems is when something goes wrong with your Wii and Nintendo has to replace it. In that case, you have a new Wii and none of the VC games that you had on your original console.

Thats my fear! and with the way wii's are selling for christimas presents in the uk if any did happen to it, it would be hard enough to get a replacement.

Thanks for the welcome :cool:

I've got an official 2GB one (didn't cost too much, I think they had an offer on).

Although the card will be used in Brawl, for storing videos, pictures and levels. (at least I think it's all three).

Normal SD cards work, SDHC cards do not work,those are the cards that are 4 gigs and above.

I'd recommend the 2GB. What are they? $20 now? It'll give you plenty of space for today and for the future.

Im using a 1GB SD card. I got it for free so im not complaining. It holds a fair amount so if you get a 2GB you wont fill it up any tiem soon.

Back