Second Wii remote as master

pauldbentley

WiiChat Member
Feb 28, 2007
Hi everyone,

I have been searching round for an answer to this but have not found anything so sorry if it has been posted but it is driving me wild!

I have left my main Wii remote (ie the one that came with the console pre-sync'd) at a friends house and I'm not going to be able to get it back for a few weeks, I thought this wouldnt be a problem as I have a second remote.

My problem is this:

I have sync'd the second remote correctly; I can turn the console on and off with the remote, bring up the home menu, use the +/- to move left and right on the home menu, and the 1st blue light is on (meaning player 1 i think) but I am not getting a hand cursor and therefore cannot pick a game to play! arg!

Does anyone know how I can get the hand cursor on the main screen with a Wii remote that is not the master? I have checked the sensor bar and the LEDs are on. I know everything is working ok as we were using both remotes fine a couple of days ago on my console.

Many thanks

Paul

hmm, thats odd, i had this same, problem, is your sensor bar working correctly? if its not that then try replacing the batteries in your wiimote, those are my only ideas. hope they work for you

I think the sensor bar is working correctly, in that I was using both remotes fine a couple of days ago. The batteries did run out on the remote but I have replaced them and they are showing up as full strength.

You said you had the same problem, have you managed to solve it?

all i did ws replace the batteries and re sync the controller i needed as player one

Thinking about it, I dont recal ever seeing the hand cusor on this controller even when we did have the original controller, like when picking the 2nd player for tennis, could this be a problem with the controller? the games play fine tho...

shouldnt make any difference.

i thought mine main wiimote was broke, turned off wii, turned on with wiimote from wii play and hey presto its remote 1 on the wii, turned off and returned to the main wiimote when i realised i was at fault.

if yours cant do this you mustnt have synced it right or you have a faulty wii/wiimote etc

pauldbentley said:
Thinking about it, I dont recal ever seeing the hand cusor on this controller even when we did have the original controller, like when picking the 2nd player for tennis, could this be a problem with the controller? the games play fine tho...
That's odd, you should be seeing another hand icon on the screen when the secondary controller is active (and pointed towards to screen).

It may indicate a fault with your Wiimote's optical sensor, which will cause something just like this. You wouldn't know the difference in Wii Sports because it's played using accelerometers, I think none of the games within utilize the pointer functionality.

Xasf said:
That's odd, you should be seeing another hand icon on the screen when the secondary controller is active (and pointed towards to screen).

It may indicate a fault with your Wiimote's optical sensor, which will cause something just like this. You wouldn't know the difference in Wii Sports because it's played using accelerometers, I think none of the games within utilize the pointer functionality.

Yeah sounds to me like a fautly remote, I thought that being able to play tennis meant that it was working. Time to take it back to the shop... I'll let you know if it works! Thanks everyone

Tooks the remote back and got a replacement which works fine! Thanks for everyones help!

Paul

Not sure, but what i noticed is that if you pause with home, click on wiimote settings and say reconnect, it says press 1 and 2 in the order that you would like to sync. I suggest buying a new wiimote, or borwing someone eles's. :thumbsup: hope it helps!

Back