Security Help!

Master T

WiiChat Member
May 7, 2007
I am connected to Wii online though wiredless router(WITH NO SOFTWARE) plugged into a wired router am I safe from Hackers getting in though my wireless router Please help me

Just make sure your wireless connection is locked by using a password so that strangers do not leech from your connection.

Wait, you've hooked up your Wii to a wireless router, which is then connected up to a wired router?

Is it working?

Maybe just connecting the Wii through the wired router would be better. There are lan adaptors available.

I would have thought it would be okay. What do you mean no software? Do you mean no anti-virus/firewall software?

It might be alright, depending on proximity to others/security settings (WEP and stuff).

Squall7 said:
Wait, you've hooked up your Wii to a wireless router, which is then connected up to a wired router?

Is it working?

Maybe just connecting the Wii through the wired router would be better. There are lan adaptors available.

I would have thought it would be okay. What do you mean no software? Do you mean no anti-virus/firewall software?

It might be alright, depending on proximity to others/security settings (WEP and stuff).
I dont have any software for the wireless router

Wireless security protects you from anyone 200 feet from your house. Proper configuration of security on your system protects you from people all over the world.

Are you more worried about the old lady next door hacking you or the random guy in Russia?

In short, focus on making your computer secure and properly configuring the internet connection on the main router. Wireless security is a low priority.

Back