Sega Loves Wii!

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
WiiLoaded said:
SEGA president, Simon Jeffery, recently stated that labelling the Wii as a console just for casual gamers is a mistake.

Jeffery said, when speaking to Game Daily, that hardcore gamers have been given no reason to be "excommunicated" from gaming on the Wii. However one of the biggest casual games around at the moment, after selling five million units, is Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. Therefore SEGA cannot be blamed for forgetting about the hardcore gamers after witnessing sales that high for a casual title. Here's what the SEGA boss had to say on the matter:

"I do think going forward there is very much a place for the hardcore gamers on the Wii and there's a big opportunity for publishers to take advantage of that because we've seen the success of Resident Evil on Nintendo platforms."

"But I do also believe that a lot of Western publishers are only looking at the Wii for casual and family gaming, and I think that's a mistake - I think there's a lot more opportunity there on the Wii. The Wii isn't just about Wii Tennis and Mario & Sonic; it's about so much more."

No More Heroes managed to bag some decent sales numbers in the US, and is expected to do well in Europe when it is released next week. But when there are casual titles such as Mario & Sonic and Wii Play out there selling like hotcakes, the question is, is it really worth investing the time and work to make hardcore games for the Wii? Well, Jeffery sees no reason why not:

"The Wii as a platform has way much more to offer than [Wii Tennis and Mario & Sonic], and hardcore gamers traditionally love Nintendo as well. There's no reason why they should be excluded or excommunicated from the Nintendo world."

I think many hardcore Wii owners will agree with SEGA. More titles like Brawl and No More Heroes deserve to be released on Wii.

This guy speaks truth.

The potential is there, the controllers work well for many of the games.
And all of the Wii owners (who are non-casual) would love to have some hardcore games.

Hopefully we see some better things in the future, and third party support is increased.

I agree with this guy yeah, and i hope more hardcore titles arive soon =P

Panzer Dragoon Orta ported from Xbox with Wii controls would be sweet!

I'd also like to see Phantasy Star Universe + Expansion ported from PC/360/PS2 to Wii. That could keep gamers busy for 1+ years until Monster Hunter hits.

this has been said many times over it is time to stop saying stuff and take action he is the big cheese of sega why dont they put a "hardcore" game out

Back