Should I get a PS3 for my dorm?

sherwood3570

infused
May 20, 2007
Michigan
Wii Online Code
1830-2062-7374-0757
So when my Gf and I move into the dorms, she's going to get the Wii becuase she's paying extra to have a solo dorm. I want to sell my gamecube and use the money towards a next gen. Should I buy a PS3...I'm really taking it under consideration. It would be perfect for a dorm and even more perfect in a living room...for when I move out of the dorms. I love the media it has...and Home sounds so cool. I was taking a Xbox 360 under consideration too..but my buddy already has one...What do you guys think?

you say your friend has a 360, will he be in the same dorm?

if so, then a ps3 might be the wise choice, have all 3 consoles :yesnod:

I would say PS3. Might not have the best games out but you can also play PS1&2 so the games are almost unlimited. 360 can play Xbox games but a lot dont work so, its really rather stupid to make it available for some but not all.

If you want a lot of choice in games then i would get the PS3, if you want gears of war, 360. Plus your dorm will most likely have WiFi and the PS3 comes built in WiFi, 360 is $100 more for it.

Very true...Well I think I might go for the PS3...My buddy doesn't live in the dorms, but he is only going to be a mile away...I guess I know where my first spend with student loans are going :D

Ps3 definatly, nice to see people are actually starting to realise the Ps3 is a great console once you get over the price of it on this forum, id defiantly get a Ps3, i think the games at the moment are great, i mean Motor Storm, Resistance(best shooter ive ever played), Fight Night Round 3, Virtua Tennis 3and Formula 1 with the free download of GT:Hd, great console.

DON'T get a PS3. It is expensive. Really expensive. Plus it is fat, big, and fat.

Just save up for something worthwhile.

Buy a Wii or use the money to help pay for school

Just wondering why he hasnt been banned. No reason for him to post in the PS3 section if hes going to post pointless things.

Yeah, if you can afford it get a ps3 because then between you, your friend, and gf, would be able to play all 3 systems.

Nfanboy said:
DON'T get a PS3. It is expensive. Really expensive. Plus it is fat, big, and fat.

Just save up for something worthwhile.

Buy a Wii or use the money to help pay for school

I don't believe that you read my first post.

Anyways. PS3 is a great system...I was very skeptical at first. But it really is the perfect system for a dorm, gaming, music, movies, internet...i would definitely rather have a Wii over it. But the lady paid for 3/4 of it. So yeah...

If I had to choose one system for a dorm, I would choose a Wii. Yes, it is more cost efficient, but its unique line up of multiplayer games would make it more appealing to socialize with friends and such.

Saga said:
If I had to choose one system for a dorm, I would choose a Wii. Yes, it is more cost efficient, but its unique line up of multiplayer games would make it more appealing to socialize with friends and such.

Don't go assuming he has friends.
:p.

PS3 sounds good, just be aware that many new games will be $60 and up.

Back