should i get an Xbox 360?

Chaox

WiiChat Member
Dec 1, 2006
Wii Online Code
0318-8572-1123-5988
Okay so i recently purchased a Wii, and to be quite honest im not 100% satisfied. Don't get me wrong i love the Wii im just rather dissapointed with the games so far. I have zelda (and its fun) but what am i to do when im done? So i was wondering if i should get a xbox 360 for the more mature games, and because i hear xbox live is great. I LOVE online play in a console i beleive its one of the most important aspects. Since Wii is still lacking on the online features would it be a good idea to get an xbox 360 now? or should i wait until the price drops.. i assume the price will go down when more ps3s are shipped. Also are there any really awesome (online) games for xbox 360? (other than halo)

Also is there a reason why I should get a ps3 vs xbox 360 if i dont care much about improved graphics? I think xbox 360 graphics are quite nice, i dont want to pay an extra few hundreds for a little more glimmer.

If you want an xbox get an xbox. If you want a wii then get a wii. If you want a ps3 then get a ps3. If you want a pony made of brass, get a pony made of brass.

Why ask these opinion based question?

Are you incapable of making descisions?

You are the one who will be paying/playing it.

As far as online games for xbox. Gears of War is the current fad. It will die out in a couple of months. Halo 3 will come out, and rinse and repeat.

I would like the opinion of someone that has an xbox 360, i do not usualy purchase things without having some information about it. I want to know why the xbox 360 fan boys love it to much. Besides I bought the wii on impulse thinking they would have a bunch of online features as they promised and that wasn't the case, this time i want to be more informed. Maybe i should've given this topic a different title, i do not want people to tell me to buy it, i want people to tell me what is so great about it.

And thanks for the info i will do some research on gears of war.

Last edited:
Chaox said:
I would like the opinion of someone that has an xbox 360, i do not usualy purchase things without having some information about it. I want to know why the xbox 360 fan boys love it to much. Besides I bought the wii on impulse thinking they would have a bunch of online features as they promised and that wasn't the case, this time i want to be more informed. Maybe i should've given this topic a different title, i do not want people to tell me to buy it, i want people to tell me what is so great about it.

And thanks for the info i will do some research on gears of war.

<---- has an xbox 360.

And yes x360 has a lot more online features. Especially considering it has been out for a year now.

And it is a personal preference. Most people I know who are real xbox360 fanboys are basically people who like online play a lot, but are really retarded when it comes to computers. Or they just have a really crappy computer.

Buying a new system and buying a year old one is just a completely different thing. If you bought the wii expecting 100 games and tons of online features, you were silly.

I understand what you're saying, and you're right it is silly to think that a new system will have all that. But I was expecting a little more... atleast some more channels. Nintendo was really secretive with the system before launch and we didn't have much information about online features.

Do you think the xbox 360 will live long now that the ps3 is out or do you think it will die out?

I've got an Xbox 360 and I love it. I think my Wii (when I get it) will complement it perfectly.

xbox has 4 hands over ps3s mouth,its harder for game developers to make games on the ps3,so when a game like say burnout comes it will be a better on 360.gears will probably wash out of live once games like crackdown or halo3 hits the market,id suggest u stick with wii for awile more cause xbox aint goin nowhere.

Great thanks for all the comments guys, really appreciate it.

im getting a 360, im PYCHED!!!!! all my friends have one and i can finally join them and KICK THEIR ASS

yea so i had a 360 waiting to be wrapped up (gift from my parents) and i told them to take it back! i'm getting a Wii! but under recent evaluation i realized that if i'm going to get a system for free, it should be the more expensive one. i'll get the wii though for sure, just under better monetary circumstances for myself. till then, i'm a 360 boy.

Chaox said:
I understand what you're saying, and you're right it is silly to think that a new system will have all that. But I was expecting a little more... atleast some more channels. Nintendo was really secretive with the system before launch and we didn't have much information about online features.

Do you think the xbox 360 will live long now that the ps3 is out or do you think it will die out?

I have a Wii and I'm getting a 360. IMO both systems are great, but if I was as unsure as you, I would just wait til 2007 when the online play with Wii acutally starts.

Back