Smg 8.7?

shiz

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2007
I searched the forums to see if this was already talked about and I came up with nothing.

What do you guys think about the 8.7 review that was given to SMG??

I, for one, don't really take reviews too seriously. Reviews are nothing but the opinion of the writer. In this case, the writer may have liked the game, but not enough to give it a 10/10.

Gikoku said:
Well, an 8.7 is still well above average.

Yah I thought the exactly same thing.. an 8.7 is still a good score. But seemingly a lot of people are angry about it for some reason. As if a lower score would make the game worse in their own eyes?

Someone gave a 5 to Galaxy and nobody gave a hoot.
It's a game, people will think what they want, and anybody who takes a poor review seriously (not directing that at ANYBODY WHO POSTED HERE) seriously needs a life.

Well I guess the difference between the 5/10 and the 8.7/10 is that the 8.7 comes from a reputable site that gets scores posted on metacritic whereas the 5/10 was a user review from gamefaqs.

Either way, I completely agree that reviews should be taken as opinion and people shouldn't get so bent out of shape about them

Deserves higher than an 8.7 though.
Seriously its one of the best games I have played in soo long.
And I don't say that often really.

(although I said it about Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight Princess :lol:)

CantGetAWii said:
Deserves higher than an 8.7 though.
Seriously its one of the best games I have played in soo long.
And I don't say that often really.

(although I said it about Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight Princess :lol:)

Oh I don't doubt at all that it is a great game. I've had a great time thus far.. but I think that people are still entitled to an opinion and a review is just that, an opinion. The great things about opinions is that if you don't like them, you don't have to pay attention to them.

I know.
And I am allowed to disagree with opinions though.
I know what opinions and reviews are, I don't have to like em though.
Thats all I was saying.

CantGetAWii said:
I know.
And I am allowed to disagree with opinions though.
I know what opinions and reviews are, I don't have to like em though.
Thats all I was saying.

Oh I wasn't attacking you :) just putting in my two cents. Sorry if it seemed aggressive

Back