SNES, NES controllers for VC gaming

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
If you truly want to get that retro feeling of old school Nintendo gaming back into your living room then this little adaptor might be just what you need.

Created by an electronics company called RetroZone, these little adaptors will allow you use to use your old NES and SNES gaming pads to play the classic Virtual Console titles.

The adaptors connect with the Wii via the GameCube controller ports and are priced at $19.99

Currently scheduled for release early 2007, might be worth a bookmark for future reference.

Visit their site for more info:
http://www.retrousb.com/wii.html

My NES Pad took such punishment from playing Mario! If these adapters ever become a sensible price (less than £7) I may pick one up - would be nice to use such a classic controller again.

The classic controller is just the like Snes pad, and the Wiimotes just like a Nes pad so what the point in paying out for wired controllers?

D Twizzle said:
The classic controller is just the like Snes pad, and the Wiimotes just like a Nes pad so what the point in paying out for wired controllers?

If you truly want to get that retro feeling of old school Nintendo gaming back into your living room then this little adaptor might be just what you need.

Its all about the "retro feel".

nice find but its a bit pricey for an adapter.. bet a cheaper one will come out later

MetroidZ said:

Spose so, each to there own I suppose.

weazol said:
nice find but its a bit pricey for an adapter.. bet a cheaper one will come out later

sometimes the pricey one works better. I know for a fact that happens with the PS2 to usb one's.

MetroidZ said:

You know what your right..! I own two new in the box SNES controllers and One new in the box NES plus 1 used controller. I'm there. Now all I need are Genesis and TurboGrafx16 adaptors since I own controllers for these systems too. I collect systems and own all classic systems.
Great find thanks.. I added the site to my favorites.

Very cool. I'll finally be able to squeeze some extra use out of my SNES controllers:cool:

can i use my NES Advantage??
nes_advantage.jpg

turbo FTW!!!!

Back