Sonic for the VC

scapegoatpariah

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
Hey all.
I downloaded Sonic the Hedgehog, and I can't get Sonic to use his run move. You're supposed to be able to hold the d-pad down and press one of the jump buttons (which on the wiimote are either A, 1, or 2) and he's supposed to charge up. The instructions that downloaded with the game reiterate this.

But it doesn't work. I've tried to use my gamecube controller instead of the wiimote, and it still wont work. Everytime I go to try and charge it up, Sonic jumps instead of starting to run.

Has anyone else experienced this?

This is Sonic The Hedgehog (1) right? There was no "charge up" in Sonic 1. Maybe the directions are generic for the Sonic series. Maybe they'll release Sonic 2 sometime?

Huh? Are you sure there wasn't a charge up of Sonic's run in the first one? It's impossible to get past certain parts of the first stage without running up a ramp. I remember being able to hold down and pressing jump to charge up Sonic's running. He turns into a ball and it makes a sound like a car's engine revving up.

I'm 100% certain that on Sonic 1 there was NO charge run/attack, that was brought in for number 2. You don't need it to get through the loop the loop ramp things you just run fast enough.

who would buy sonic?
everyone and their grandma has that game in one shape or form.

Sovieto said:
who would buy sonic?
everyone and their grandma has that game in one shape or form.

Who would spend their Wii Points on Super Mario 64 when it's out on the DS? I personally enjoy the classic and it's awesome.

Kamikaze said:
Who would spend their Wii Points on Super Mario 64 when it's out on the DS? I personally enjoy the classic and it's awesome.

Well, Super Mario 64 is $30 for the DS, and I dont like using a control pad instead of a joystick.

Sonic is a classic. Yes. No charging in Sonic 1.

Why argue over VC game downloads? Lots of us are of different ages so you're all going to have different classics and favorites. I'm stoked for the rest of the sonic series. I'm hoping they'll put up Sonic CD as well, it's the only one I haven't owned.

I really hope they put up Sonic and Knuckles, as I've only played a little bit of the game, but from what I've played it aw awesome.

especially if you could use the "lock on" feature with the other sonic games you may have purchased

ericlewis91 said:
my mom loves sonic the hedgehog.....too bad she cant beat the last levelin stage 1 withn the swinging ball! lmfao

haha my mum couldnt even get to that boss lol

Yeah no spin dash in sonic 1, you can press down when u get enuf momentum and you will roll but thats about it.

I agree with wanting sonic and knuckles, but as long as it can be connected to sonic 3, that way you get hyper sonic, and the ability to save...

This is Sonic 1 he did not have that move in the first game if I remember correctly. I believe it was added to 2 or 3

jus. said:
I'm hoping they'll put up Sonic CD as well, it's the only one I haven't owned.

I hope so too but may be too big for the Wii's limited memory unless they add the ability to connect external Hard Drives and add the ability to had Channels read directly from them and the SD cards without having to copy it over.

Sonic CD rocked the theme music was awesome for its time (I have the mp3 and use it to race to in Excite Truck!!! doh...I'm a Geek)

Back