sony is going crazy talking shyt about wii and xbox...

NeMeZyZ

Chapter .1
Aug 20, 2006
Miami Beach, fl
[MEDIA]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/10/sony_chart1.jpg[/MEDIA]

Ok, here's a new one: with Sony's announcements today they've issued a titled "Next-generation Console Comparison Fact Sheet," (downloadable here [DOC]) so let's see some facts. First up, were you aware that to use your Xbox 360 Core system you're required to buy the 20GB drive add-on, an HD DVD drive, a wireless controller, and an Xbox Live sub? We weren't either. But hey, it says right there, "requires users to buy" and this is, in fact, a "fact sheet." Of course, none of that's actually true, and what's more, were one to use the Xbox 360 Premium console pack in that chart instead of the Core pack, the total would be $399 for a console with that very same hard drive, wireless controller, and Xbox Live Silver subscription (which provides access to everything but multiplayer) -- remember, kids, an HD DVD drive is not required to do anything but watch high def movies -- it has nothing to do with high def gaming. We hear Microsoft ain't too happy about this chart either and is preparing certain legal action, namely because it could be misleading to otherwise unwitting retail employees selling customers game consoles this holiday season. Go figure.

P.S. -In the interest of fairness, it's also worth pointing out the Wii browser is what will cost you after the first 6 months -- not their online service. What's more, if you download the browser before June of 2007, it's straight up free. Otherwise, Nintendo hasn't yet announced details of the cost of their online service so far as we know. Another nice one, Sony.

P.P.S. -We just confirmed with Microsoft that another Sony claim -- that you need a memory unit or a hard drive to use the WiFi adapter -- is also false. You can grab a Core pack with no memory card and plug in a WiFi adapter and get on your home network. Sheez Sony, did we mention we moonlight as fact checkers?
[MEDIA]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/10/sony_chart2.jpg[/MEDIA]

source:
http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/19/sony-claims-xbox-360-requires-hd-dvd-etc-thus-costs-700/

Could be wrong, since it also says the Wii Online is free for the first 6 months.

>.> Sony... Must... Die. D:< Even though I hate Microsoft in the gaming category, they don't deserve a flase bad rep. *Nod nod* I'll be pissed if they DON'T take legal actions. Sony's making an ass of themselves and need a good kick in the ass to knock some sense into them.

LOL, i love how with PS3 they say 802.11b (WiFi)
And with Wii they just say 802.11 as if it didn't have WiFi (so people not really in the know would be more inclined to get PS3.

Besides the spec sheet is like asking if someone wants Organic free range Chicken or normal chicken - advertising that the non-free range one is bigger (injected with water) and will last longer (Injected with preservatives).

Well... Not really but I can't think of a better example at the mo'

20061011.jpg
Me thinks Sony is starting to panic. Bottom line is the people that want a PS3 won't be gauranteed to get one on their launch day. Then those people will go get either a 360 or a Wii or both since they have all that money to get the PS3. Wii360 FTW!

According to this "Fact sheet" Sony's "Free Online Access" costs $0... Wow, thanks for letting us know Sony, I thought we were going to be charged for your FREE ONLINE ACCESS.

Just a thought.

Sony has always been talking shyt about microsoft and nintendo.
Sony is pepsi and microsoft/nintendo is coca cola. Have you seen those commercials where they always make fun of Coke?

I like Pepsi more than Coke does this mean....? No it cant. Anyway Im loving the fact sheet... by looks of it Sony is just up themselves. Also nice cartoon there you got, buddy

I hope Sony gets sued. And then they die. And then they blow up after they're dead. And then they drown. And then they get sent into space. And then they get sucked into a dark whole. And then they blow up again.

But seriously, I hope they die.

wii wiiill survive tru word of mouth !

ps3 will survive by just the fact its playstation and they been the king for so long.

bull***** time for some return from retirement for me
heres my opinon then im going away again sony is the idot company yet plp just go with the graphic and the shiny and expensive stuff it would be great next next gen but not now not everyone has a hd tv this means that you need to buy a £500-£600 hd tv to enjoy one yet it lacks in fetures that can be used not only in games like nintendos message channel and photo channel they should also think about back wards compatilbility and gamers ratings in the table this is idoitic and saying that the ps3 is cheaper than the wii is wrong they dont need to say that because the stats show that they are in fact wrong here it is
wii and controller 180 + 2 games £80 = £260
ps3 and controller £400 + 2 games £120 = 620
and surpisingly it ends up at £360 (xbox 360 hmmmmmmmm ok thats and other matter)
and thats it folks see ya at launch

So if the Blu-Ray HDD cost $0 and its total is $500..where is all our money going?

Sorry to say it but they are right. The 360 seemed nice and cheap at first, but add all that extra stuff and it is pretty expensive, I should know, I've had it since launch day. The truth of the matter is the gaming industry is big enough now to accomodate all three next-gen consoles. All three will be absolutely amazaing.

Back