Sony: Wii Nothing More Than 'Impulse Buy'

an impulse buy i have known for like 2+ years i was going to buy a wii the day they came out so there you go sony i just proved you wrong

i started to post a thread about this too. but every time i do i get accused of "ps3 bashing". so anyway, yeah thats garbage. sony is full of complete idiots. theyre just pissed because their console is failing to the company practically started it all. im proud of nintendo for getting back into this. their console is going to smoke the rest of them in sales. and its half the power, but twice the brilliance.

i love it.

I think they're just trying to insinuate that the Wii's success will only be for the short term (temporary) and that over time it'll get edged out by what Sony believe to be more superior gaming consoles.

I dont believe the Wii to be a gimmick or an impulse buy, but it's early days for the console so who knows in what way consumers will shift.

i0n said:
I think they're just trying to insinuate that the Wii's success will only be for the short term (temporary) and that over time it'll get edged out by what Sony believe to be more superior gaming consoles.

I dont believe the Wii to be a gimmick or an impulse buy, but it's early days for the console so who knows in what way consumers will shift.

yep. and the only way it will get edged out is if the price falls waaaaaay down. and even then i doubt it. the wii has brought people into gaming that havent picked up a controller since the nes, girls, grandmas, you name it. i think most people are tired of using their thumbs and want to start using some real coordination. and it is just so intuitive.

yea... go on to ebgames or the like and look to see how many stores are within 10-20 miles of your own home carrying 4+ consoles @ $600.

Bitter words from a captain sailing a sinking ship. Or at least an old one thats seen all the adventure the captain believes to be out there to sail and see. :p

i0n said:

That's exactly what they were going at. They think people hear about Wii and buy it expecting to have a lot of fun with just Wii Sports, which is kind of true, but I'm sure Wii owners are starting to see that Wii can do more than just simple games like Wii Sports.

Sony is like a 7 year old in a fight. They make lame insults and are scared out of their minds.

yeah I agree..and the ps3 sucks, it's only good for graphical shite, but no gameplay whatsoever

Homesrfan said:
That's exactly what they were going at. They think people hear about Wii and buy it expecting to have a lot of fun with just Wii Sports, which is kind of true, but I'm sure Wii owners are starting to see that Wii can do more than just simple games like Wii Sports.

Sony is like a 7 year old in a fight. They make lame insults and are scared out of their minds.

Sony is just mad cus they can't pull the boomerrang out of their ass. The 7 year old comment there was great man. Sony is scared and they have good right to be.

Axtlar said:
yeah I agree..and the ps3 sucks, it's only good for graphical shite, but no gameplay whatsoever
I'm not sure if I would say the gameplay is ****, but I would give some credit to Sony if they...
1. Weren't TOTAL assholes.
2. They suck at marketing (ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A PSP) Not to mention the PS3 commercials.
3. Had good games. The games on the PS3 are laughable. Most of the good ones are already or are coming out on 360. Metal Gear Solid and Resistance are the only worth getting for PS3.

yeah I heard that the big "guns" of PS3 are now also coming to the 360 because of poor purchasing of the PS3, so the developers of those big guns were scared they wouldn't get even half the money they spent making the game because not many ppl are interested in the ps3 so they are launching the games on the 360 as well, I smiled when i read this, I don't like the PS3 nor Sony for being proud and assholes of themselves

HEY Wii is not GOOD !!!

Is the best NINTENDO make after The Supreme DS !!!!

NINTENDO IS BACK AND HARD than Ever

SEE THE NUMBERS!!!!!!

Axtlar said:

Well to me this just isn't the case. The PS3 will eventually have great gameplay (the series that are on the PS3 are some of the greatest series of all time - FF, MGS, GT), but at the moment the Wii easily outshines it.

This could change though...

Blue Sun said:
Well to me this just isn't the case. The PS3 will eventually have great gameplay (the series that are on the PS3 are some of the greatest series of all time - FF, MGS, GT), but at the moment the Wii easily outshines it.

This could change though...
Wii will shine in '07. Don't expect MGS out in '07, which will be one of the only HUGE games to come out on PS3 that stand a chance.

With MP: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Brothers, along with the help with the great 3rd party support coming, '07 will really test Wii.

Back