SOTW #10 Applications

Gymdawg said:
At least this week I'll loose to an admirable opponent...Nice tag, Tarheel. Did you custom make that DS or find it somewhere?

Every part of the DS I made from scratch with the exception of the Mario Kart screens.

It ended up not being as difficult as I thought it would be but I had a ton of layers. I also had my DS as a model.

Good, I would have been very disappointed if that were just a few screens pasted over some google work.

Gymdawg said:
Good, I would have been very disappointed if that were just a few screens pasted over some google work.

Oh no...I agree that would be lame or at least easy. I'll be glad to send the PSD file to anyone who wants to take a look. There are probably some garbage layers in there but if you wanted to tweak it for a different game it should be fairly easy from this point. A few different screen shots with the perspective changed. A different render with some shadowing and viola.

tarheelsuperman said:
Oh no...I agree that would be lame or at least easy. I'll be glad to send the PSD file to anyone who wants to take a look. There are probably some garbage layers in there but if you wanted to tweak it for a different game it should be fairly easy from this point. A few different screen shots with the perspective changed. A different render with some shadowing and viola.
Actually, I wouldn't mind taking a peak at that just to see how you organized everything. I can pretty much see how everything was done by looking at it; that's one of the perks of experience...:rolleyes:

Gymdawg said:
Actually, I wouldn't mind taking a peak at that just to see how you organized everything. I can pretty much see how everything was done by looking at it; that's one of the perks of experience...:rolleyes:

Hahaha..you said organized. :lol:

I actually just went back and gave the layers names for you to hopefully make it easier to understand.

So how do I get this to ya...PM me if you want.

tarheelsuperman said:
Every part of the DS I made from scratch with the exception of the Mario Kart screens.

It ended up not being as difficult as I thought it would be but I had a ton of layers. I also had my DS as a model.

OMG!! It must have gave you a hard time...

It's amazing :)

Back