Special Rayquaza Event in Japan!

Splash_King

The Scrubbiest of Hunters
Jan 25, 2009
Nimbasa City
Wii Online Code
0129-0129-0129-0129
Last year, Game Freak ran a promotion to decide the distribution of a Pokemon that was once on the cover of any old game. Rayquaza won out, and is set to be released in Japan; which is conveniently awesome since 2012 is the year of the dragon. You would think it'd be shiny, but... nope. =(

So yeah, this is pretty uninteresting to all the collectors. But to competitive battlers, wait; there's more! Here're the details of this event Rayquaza.

Rayquaza: Lv. 100, Holding a Life Orb
OT: せんきょ
ID No.: 02102
Ball: Cherish
Ability: Air Lock
Nature: Random

Moveset:

Extremespeed
Hyper Beam
Dragon Pulse
V-Create

Rayquaza gets V-Create?! OH MAH GOD THAT IS ****ING EPIC except Reshiram is still better...

... Yeah. Not to mention V-Create is only good for a mixed attacker that punches holes in a team, not a sweeping Rayquaza. V-Create can be used repeatedly if Rayquaza outspeeds what comes in, but 150~ speed won't be outspeeding anything in ubers. Overheat can be used twice without ending accumulated speed boosts from DDs. So V-Create only matters in that mixed wall-breaker Rayquaza will no longer need to invest as many Sp.A EVs in order to score certain KOs with Overheat, what with V-Create's extra 40 base power.

But Reshiram is still better at wall breaking thanks to STAB... ... ...

Nevermind. This event isn't exciting to anyone, except people who love to collect event pokes, even if they're not useful/rare.

I'd still go to the IRL location if the event came to the US though. :p

A Raqyquaza with V-create is frickin epic. Not particularly useful, but neither is my Electroweb Ariados.

Could be useful if you built a dedicated Trick room team around it so that the speed drops actually work in its favor...might have to look into it when they release it on Pokemon Online. I've never played Ubers so I'd have to do testing first.

Ehh... Rayquaza is a tad fast for TR, even with a 0 IV and -Spe nature, prior to that V-Create. It doesn't need to die to priority any easier either lol. It's certainly an idea, though.

This is true, e-speed arceus would be a problem. Wouldnt even need the swords dance boost to get the ohko after those def drops.

Back