SSBB Control Sets on Wii-mote?

DtD

WiiChat Member
May 15, 2006
What is you guess for controls for SSBB on wii-mote.

Analog on Nunchuck: Move

A: Standard Attack

B: Alternate Attack

C: Shield

R: Grab

Flick Wiimote Up: Jump

Flick Wiimote Down: Pick Up Item

Flick Wiimote Sideways (either): Throw in direction flicked

That sounds almost on the spot.
I wouldn't doubt that would be a button config that they use.
I personally will stick with the GCN controller.

So are the controls the same as the GC's version? It seems like the same to me... but I think I'd find it awkward or difficult to flick the WiiMote up to jump... I'd rather use the shell controller.

well, I was close to winning a very important SSBM tourney that the SSBM owner was there and I was trying to impress him, anyway if the GC controller has the same control for the characters, I will own everybody on this forum and I know that some people just say that to scare you but I'm not kidding and if you don't trust me then, ok I won't mind but when the SSBB game comes out for the wii you will see that I'm not kidding.

I think u forget that the nunchuck has 2 buttons too... but how can we use e'm??? nintendo will tell us

maybe instead of flicking the wii remote "up" to jump, one of the nunchuck buttons will be for jumping.

SolidSnake said:
well, I was close to winning a very important SSBM tourney that the SSBM owner was there and I was trying to impress him, anyway if the GC controller has the same control for the characters, I will own everybody on this forum and I know that some people just say that to scare you but I'm not kidding and if you don't trust me then, ok I won't mind but when the SSBB game comes out for the wii you will see that I'm not kidding.
Is that so. With Mewtwo or Ness I will go to town on anybody in SSBB. And if Waluigi is a new character in the game it's really over for you:p :lol:

A lot of people can say there really good. Don't say that you can beat every one of your friends either, because I bet you everybody here can be there friends at melee. I beat my friends all the time and I think I'm good. I just hope theres a way to turn the "smash" moves off for battles, because it would be cool to go old school with the controller and battle style.

SolidSnake said:
well, all I know is that I'm really good.
We'll see when it comes out. Online Tourney:D Of cousre I can beat my friends in Melee and anyone else fot that matter:p

Ha you said fot. But on that note, yea lets do it, first night when it comes out.

DtD said:
What is you guess for controls for SSBB on wii-mote.

Analog on Nunchuck: Move

A: Standard Attack

B: Alternate Attack

C: Shield

R: Grab

Flick Wiimote Up: Jump

Flick Wiimote Down: Pick Up Item

Flick Wiimote Sideways (either): Throw in direction flicked

Uh, isn't it true that SSBB will use only the gamecube controller because Nintendo said it would be too dificult to play otherwise:confused:

I think they were talking about online play but I also read that Nintendo is making the controls easier too use with the Wiimote

I reckon they'll stick to the old controllers for SSBB..

"If it ain't broke dont fix it!"

SolidSnake: NEVER been to an actual tourney as I live in Australia. Have been to uni mini tourneys but usually never get much time to fully finish my turn in the tourney. Am trying to organise one at a friends house this wk but his parents seem to come in at inappropriate times. Grr!

By the way am still learning advanced moves. Still learning SHFFLing, countering, teching, and eliminating small lags from certain moves. Am already good at wavedashes.

Not sure if this is the rite forum for talking about GC SSBM advanced moves... Thought id throw my experiences in the game here.

Character's im good with SSBM are Samus + Link. Maybe Marth?

Back