Star Wars for Wii a port of the PS2 version

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Unfortunately, some companies have been remiss in their efforts to port games to the Wii. Because of the number of abysmal ports that have populated the Wii, gamers have, for the most part, conceded any hope of a great port on the system. According to Mark Combs, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for the Wii is a port of the PS2 version. Hopefully Star Wars on the Wii will restore some faith that ports on the system can be developed successfully.

“Well, the lead development has been done in Brisbane on the PS2, and that is the first point of call with all workings between Lucas Arts and Krome. So what we’re doing here is taking the PS2 development, putting it on the Wii, and making all the Wii specific stuff here. So, lead point is PS2 in Brisbane, to make that clear.” - Mark Combs (Producer of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed)
another port eh? wow sickening

LINKAGE

people complained about it on gonintendo, why is this a bad thing? there are still plenty of exclusives on the wii, it's just not going to be the exact game as the ps360 version, dosn't mean it's going to be worse....

mushroomedmario said:
people complained about it on gonintendo, why is this a bad thing?

instead of making it a port, whhy not make a different version? dont say that ps2 is same as wii because ps2 was weaker than gamecube and wii is 2.5 times stronger than wii.

vashivihan said:
instead of making it a port, whhy not make a different version? dont say that ps2 is same as wii because ps2 was weaker than gamecube and wii is 2.5 times stronger than wii.

still(i edited my post) the wii will still have exclusives, and ports are never exactly the same, the same development team made cod 3 for all systems, but it definitely looked better on ps6/360,

mushroomedmario said:
still(i edited my post) the wii will still have exclusives, and ports are never exactly the same, the same development team made cod 3 for all systems, but it definitely looked better on ps6/360,

no we are not comparing wii to 360/ps3. we are saying that why make it a PS2 port?

vashivihan said:
no we are not comparing wii to 360/ps3. we are saying that why make it a PS2 port?

because ports are a cheaper alternative? i think that's pretty obvious

i'm comparing wii to 360/ps3

if cod3(i'm only using cod:3, cause it's a game commonly used to see the differences of all three systems) can be ports form the wii to 360, and being a good game for both systems, AND different.......... why is having the wii version of sw:tfu being a port from ps2 a bad thing? obviously they're going to up the graphics, and again, there are STILL exclusive modes for the wii,

imo, there is nothing wrong from this......ports aren't exactly the same...

mushroomedmario said:
because ports are a cheaper alternative? i think that's pretty obvious

i'm comparing wii to 360/ps3

if cod3(i'm only using cod:3, cause it's a game commonly used to see the differences of all three systems) can be ports form the wii to 360, and being a good game for both systems, AND different.......... why is having the wii version of sw:tfu being a port from ps2 a bad thing? obviously they're going to up the graphics, and again, there are STILL exclusive modes for the wii,

imo, there is nothing wrong from this......ports aren't exactly the same...
actually, if i remember correctly, cod3 was a wii port of the 360/ps3 game.

my point is that why make a port of a game from a 10 year old system for a new system? its absurd.

vashivihan said:
actually, if i remember correctly, cod3 was a wii port of the 360/ps3 game.
okay, look at it this way; it was out for xbox, ps2, wii 360 and ps3, and it's gotton plenty of good reviews for all systems, and they made more money from people who didn't own any of the nexgen consoles...

my point is that why make a port of a game from a 10 year old system for a new system? its absurd.
because they make more money that way. my point is that why is that a bad thing?

Last edited:
If it means getting the game out on all systems, they are going to do what they can do that and get good sales. This means porting different versions, like Ps2 for Wii. It will still end up being good, and probably be one of the better ports out there.

Plus the Wii version is a little different, 5 different levels or something?
So its not all bad.

mushroomedmario said:
okay, look at it this way; it was out for xbox, ps2, wii 360 and ps3, and it's gotton plenty of good reviews for all systems, and they made more money from people who didn't own any of the nexgen consoles...

because they make more money that way. my point is that why is that a bad thing?
cod3 did not get good reviews

mushroomedmario said:
yeah it did, maybe not for the wii, but for ps2, ps3, xbox and xbox 360 it got all good reviews, so my point is still valid,

Cod3 was the worst of the series.

VidyaVince said:
So yeah, vashivihan, you like posting video game news every 20 minutes? :rolleyes:
oh for sure!

btw, its every 5 mins not 20 mins.

Last edited:
Back