Stuck on Boarback Mtn : (

GixxerChic

WiiChat Member
Jul 15, 2012
FL
I've gotten to where I need to battle King Bulbin (the first part) where there are a bunch of annoying minions shooting arrows at me. For the absolute life of me I can't get to Bulbin because the minions keep killing me/knocking me off my horse. Any tips?

Whenever they draw near, just ignore 'em unless Bulbin's got too far ahead of ya to attack. Spin attacks are particularly potent since they're easier to aim on horseback and get ya outta a bind if his henchmen surround you. If you can't spur your horse anymore, you can use your time wisely by takin' out the henchmen while your horse's stamina returns. That way once you're ready to chase Bulbin again, his goons won't interfere for a short moment.

Those are some good tips Karp and also when you are chasing bulbin don't follow him exactly, try to predict where he will go and head there.

Its really called Boarback Mountain? Is that like a Brokeback Mountain pun in a Zelda game? :lol:

Nah, it ain't. The OP just wanted t' make a pun. A good one at that too, got a lol outta me when I first saw the thread. :lol: The day Ninty puts pop culture references 'n such in games... :lol:

ahhhh, thank you thank all ... the name seemed fitting, I was thinking to suggest it to the creator lol. I was finally able to beat him (took a few months hiatus & re-started the game). Interestingly enough, after dying repeatedly (7/8 times before quitting last time) I managed to beat the field only dying once. I haven't played since I was a kid on the original NES so I'm all giddy and feel so "new" lol

A belated welcome back t' the world of gaming. From Zelda on the NES to Zelda on the Wii is quite a change of pace, I take it? :lol:

Very much so lol. Though just like when I was a kid on the NES I find myself jumping all over the place as if me moving will help (I shouldn't knock it, it does seem to have gotten me through a few places that I was "stuck" on sitting down (the 2nd dungeon / mine boss, killed me repeatedly until I got up jumping around like a full body control) :tongue: I'm rather enjoying it though, guess I better start thinking of which of the many Zelda games I want to try to tackle next.

Before spoiling yourself any further on pretty-lookin' modern games, it certainly wouldn't hurt to give Ocarina of Time a shot (via purchase on the Virtual Console).

... Just don't hate me if you get stuck in the Water Temple.

Before spoiling yourself any further on pretty-lookin' modern games, it certainly wouldn't hurt to give Ocarina of Time a shot (via purchase on the Virtual Console).

... Just don't hate me if you get stuck in the Water Temple.

I'll have to do that. And in the event I get stuck in the Water Temple I shall curse your name and bombard you with PMs for help :tongue:

Back