zelda is too darn hard

yeah that was hard but i only died once... just let the carriage burn for a bit, explode the hawk using the bomb with the boomerang before it drops the bomb and you can go on. then use the rang on the carriage!

taking it slow is the key, sometimes it seems impossible to find the answer but if you take the time and look and think and look and look, it will eventually dawn on you, which is the beauty of it, once you make the discovery it becomes plain as day, very nice game design i think

vigor&kandor said:
This Zelda is the easiest Zelda ever. If you want hard Zeldas please see The Legend of Zelda(NES), Adventures of Link(NES), and Zelda: A Link to the Past(SNES).

Now now. I wouldn't go as far as saying that TP is the "easiest" zelda ever and I've play every title of the series to date. It is "easier" for hardcore Zelda fans, because even though I think Zelda IS the greatest videogame serie ever made, the formula hasn't changed much game after game. It's all about the puzzles.

For people who did OoT:MQ ( which is hardcore ) everything else will seem easy. Sometimes a quick look at the room, and you instantly know what to do. But that's just built-in on zelda fans right now. We know how things work, we know we get an item on each temple that will help us in the later parts and in the next temple. Etc.

Yet for people who never played a Zelda game before, TP will be hardcore for them because it has some pretty nasty puzzles/temple
Hell, it took me an HOUR to figure out how to move the 3 boxes in one of the snowpeak mansion's rooms so it would hit the middle trigger. Later on I realized that I was not meant to break the ice around it BEFORE moving the boxes. You could still trigger it, but it was that much harder

( I personally thought the water temple was torture, not OoT water temple kinda-torture, but you get the point )

Last edited:
^^^^ Totally agree with KUMA...this is my first zelda. so its kinder driving me crazy. lol plus i dont have much time to sit around a play all day...i get about a couple hrs per week of gaming..slowly but surely gettin closer to beating it

Redan499 said:
took me 3 hours to beat ice temple, loved every second of it
loved every second of it??? ice dungeon is freaking driving me nuts! o well, i'll figure it out eventually, hopefully without having to check for little obvious things online.

quit being a lil baby and grow up. Half the fun is figuring it out for yourself. I hate when people have to find help every five seconds because they cant figure out a puzzle or something. It takes practice and patience. Thats a true gamer right there.

I agree with some of the other people here in that this new zelda is easier than previous. I actually found majora's mask quite hard, or maybe boring. I never finished that one. But I think the whole Midna thing is way over done. I'm only a few temples in but i mean she basically offers you a clue every 2 seconds. She virtually tells you what to do every step of the way. Takes a lot of the fun and challenge out of it if you ask me. I don't mind the whole jumping thing, but the whole process feels quite guided at the mo rather than exploratory.

This game couldve used more options. I rekn some customizing buttons wouldve been cool, i find i always press collections instead of inventory [gc] when it should be the other way round. maybe i'm conditioned from WW. but also it would be ace to choose an expert mode ie no midna hints.

Last edited:
2Wiitarded said:
Half the fun is figuring it out for yourself.
Well put. The rewarding part of the Zelda games is finally figuring out what you were missing, even it if takes hours :). I would agree with others and say it's challenging but not necessarily hard. Having a Zelda background helps tremendously in TP. Many of the puzzles have been done before.

Yeah short of having an iq less than 80 and parkinsons this zelda should not give you any trouble... I did the wagon the first time through with it only loosing a tiny bit of health i never imagined anyone would have trouble on it... the only thing that gave me any trouble was the desert temple slow doing cause of the rats thing, but that trouble lasted about 2 minutes the time it took me to go through the obvious items and then the wolf form abilities to work out....

If your spending your entire zelda time running to look at walkthroughs maybe you should have just brought the strategie guide and read that instead of buying the game?

Back