Suda Clarifies No More Wii For No More Heroes

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Third installment will be for Nintendo's eventual next console

In early July, punk game designer Goicha Suda, perhaps better known as Suda51, commented on future games in developer Grasshopper's No More Heroes series, saying that he believed sequel Desperate Struggle would be the last one on Wii.

It appears that the gaming media, Nintendo Life included, were a bit shortsighted on what he meant and assumed Suda was implying that the series would hop ship to the Xbox 360 and/or PS3.

Speaking to 1UP, Suda explains that wasn't what he meant at all:

Actually, I answered differently, and it may have been misinterpreted. What I wanted to say was, looking at the Wii, I think No More Heroes 2 will probably be the last iteration for this current platform. But there's probably going to be a "Wii 2" or other next-gen system from Nintendo at some point, so I was saying that I would want to do another game in the series on the next Nintendo platform.

So Nintendo is in for future sequels, but Travis Touchdown, the star of the show, is set to take his final bow in Desperate Struggle.

I want to continue the No More Heroes series, but I've finished the story for Travis. It's completely finished in No More Heroes 2. So I want to think of a different story — a different character, or something like that within the series — starting on the next Nintendo platform.

No more heroes makes my wrist tired..the only complaint i have with the game. yeh yeh i know you "press A" when you take the lightsaber katana
sory of i misspelled it.

heres the link http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/09/suda_clarifies_no_more_wii_for_no_more_heroes

Now it seems like suka 51 are doing a no more heroes game for "Wii 2" says wii.qj.net

Suda 51 not ditching Nintendo, next No More Heroes game will be for "Wii 2"

Remember when Suda 51 said that No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle was going to be the last Wii release in the series? He recently clarified that statement, and it turns out that he wasn't talking about ditching Nintendo altogether after all.

In an interview with 1Up, Suda said that he believes that the next game in the series will be for the next Nintendo platform instead:

What I wanted to say was, looking at the Wii, I think No More Heroes 2 will probably be the last iteration for this current platform. But there's probably going to be a "Wii 2" or other next-gen system from Nintendo at some point, so I was saying that I would want to do another game in the series on the next Nintendo platform.

In the same interview, Suda also said that he plans to start the next No More Heroes game with a whole new story and with different characters. "I've finished the story for Travis," he said.

heres the link http://wii.qj.net/Suda-51-not-ditching-Nintendo-next-No-More-Heroes-game-will-be-for-Wii-2-/pg/49/aid/134705

Last edited:
Back