Super Mario Sunshine

I just finally got Yoshi last night. Now I can go back to Episode 8: Yoshi's Fruit Adventure in Ricco Harbor. I heard this level is killer.

I hate the special levels as well because of the camera views. They always mess me up and I die. Thank God for the 1 UP's.

Have faithfully played through the game about once a year since it came out. Up to 117 shines this last time, but the blue coins are ass kickers. I'll be honest, the first time through, right after it came out, I felt it was weaker the SM64....but after this last time through I consider it one of the great console games of all time...

ALSO...WTF, COOP (with all due respect)? Too Reliant on the water pack? It was the entire focus of gameplay, it's what set this Mario Game Apart from the pack. If you didn't care for FLUDD, I can't believe you liked the game well enough to finish it. I think FLUDD is what saved this from being just another MARIO game...it was the unique element that replaced the long running mushroom power up system. For me, personally, it really worked. Not that I don't love a little fire flower once in a while...and God knows I chase Beaver Tail whenever I can...

Prior to Sunshine though, I still felt the SMB 3 was the best of all the games (including SM64). But that was my first. It was also by far the longest and most challenging of all of them though. Still has a special place in my heart.

For those playing Sunshine for the first time right now:
Enjoy it. Savor it. Caress it. Nintendo doesn't get much better than this.
Can't wait for Galaxy:cornut:

...And Listen to the ADVICE in the above posts...it is not meant to be a linear game, you HAVE to jump around from level to level. The game can not be completed one world at a time beginning to end...and in the end, it's a much more fun game for being able to have some flexibility to what challenge you'll face next.

Last edited:
I think it is a good game. Not as great as SM64 but still a worthy title in its own right.

I think that was the problem, after SM64 they hit us with this water spraying nonsense, disappointing more than anything, rubbish was perhaps too strong.

I loved this game. It was quite challenging especially with the levels where you lost Fludd. I do agree the only bad thing about it is that the camera angles sucked. Good game and definitly worth getting if u don't have it :D

This thread reminded me I need to go play this again... Think I stopped a few weeks ago at about 40-50 stars

I still play this game to this day. Lol, when I play this game in front of those who never played it or had a hard time, there amazed of how I'm able to reach any place with Fludd or get shines sprites that you should normally get halfway in the game at the beggining of the game.

I go back playing this game because I get the urge to chase Shadow Mario around.

Thats a great game. I mean, it could have been better if it stuck to the more classic Mario world (goomba's, koopas etc). But it was a great game. I got it when it first came out (when I was about 11 years old), I got stuck, and then picked it up a couple months ago and beat. Had a lot of fun with it. Can't wait for Mario Galaxy.

Fun game, pretty hard on those special levels. I have 80 some shines and stopped playing it, Platformers arent really my style.

Back