Super Smash coming out in the Spring or the Fall???

major tom, either your making up stuff or your severely misguided and i guess if your are niether of these nintendo is is making a huge mistake Nintendo didn't even get the idea of this game until e3 2005, they prolly didnt get to work on it until maybe late summer or early fall at the earliest. If we saw an april launch they would have a little over 18 months to do the project, which is adequate...for a DECENT game. Plus we've seen how nintendo likes to procastinate releasing games for as long as possible.

LIke is said, there is no chance that we get the game until oct, maybe not till 2008.

2008? are you crazy? and they don't procrastinate..they have a small "group" working on the game and they're working very hard, so if you don't know then don't say anything

i guess i didnt really mean procrastinate i meant to say that they dont release the game until they think the game is 100% perfect. And im only saying 2008 because of the whole zelda thing, im pretty sure we will see it between oct. or nov.

I predict and hope that it will be Late May or June. They can't wait till Fall. Thats way to long and I think Nintendo knows how much is riding on this game. If its launch goes well, Nintendo will continue to build on its already ginormous sucess and its popularity will skyrocket. People who haven't bought the Wii yet will go get it just to play Super Smash Bros Brawl. So I have confidence that we won't wait a ridiculous amount of time for the game to come out. I mean seriously do you guys actually think they'll wait until 2008!?

yea, im pretty confident with Best Buys release date because i week b4 they announced it a game shop employee(dont remeber name of it, i was outta town) told me that they and a lot of electronic business were trying to make a deal with nintendo to get the release date so they can start making reservations.

Agreed I still don't understand why Wii would rush release at the expense of the first games which happen to be some of the best not having Online however long it takes for Brawl to come out I'm okay with that I'm actually happy that all the good games aren't coming out any time soon two reasons:

1. Gives us something to look forward to and drags out the time we will love the Wii

2. There are about 13 announced games that I want and don't have. Now at brand new that would be $650 and obviously I don't have that much but by next Fall I might

but I really hope that they continue to produce good games the game cube stopped keeping a good flow of games coming 2 years prior to the release of the Wii here's what they should make

1. Two more Zelda games but keep changing the style of game play maybe an RPG part of the reason I love the Zelda series so much is that every game has been different

2. Another Super Smash Bros. game I know that they have stuck to one per console and Brawl isn't even out yet so it's too early for anticipation but I think they could manage to fit two in by the time Nintendo finds a way to further advance their console

3. I would like to see Time Crisis or something along those lines House of Dead maybe

4. A new Nintendo FPS something that could compare to Halo or GoW

5. An MMO like WoW that would be so cool it would settle both my addictions even though it would probably never happen maybe Blizzard could join up with Nintendo and make WoW for the Wii but then again I would like to see Nintendo do something

Well that about does it for me

hadou17 said:
yea, im pretty confident with Best Buys release date because i week b4 they announced it a game shop employee(dont remeber name of it, i was outta town) told me that they and a lot of electronic business were trying to make a deal with nintendo to get the release date so they can start making reservations.
First off until the Company announces the date can be changed and Nintendo has been changing dates like crazy (like Dragon Quest, Sonic and Wii Play)
So just because Best Buy says this is the date that means ****. Next if it was coming out in a month where's some new video's??? They annouced nothing since November, He'll we know more about Halo 3 than we know about the new Super Smash so I really think Best Buy is wrong and needs to be like Game FL and put (to be announced)

I was on www.Amazon.com they are really good about release dates and such. So I searched Super Smash Brawl (You can follow these steps if you want to check) There was an Icon of the Brawl thing so I clicked on it if it was coming out in the next month there would have been a pre-order option instead there was an option to sign up to get an E-Mail telling you when it was available that is Pre-Pre-Ordering so if Best Buy is allowing Pre-Orders without knowing a release date that sound pretty sketch to me. Guys I'm on your side here I would love for Brawl to come out tomorrow but at the same time you have to realize that it's not and by spending all your time anticipating it your taking the fun out of your games play Melee for now it's the same setup and from what I hear Brawl may not even use the Wii Remotes functions.

You mean commercials cuz we have nothing in America

No sorry, I meant posters and stuff, like in EB they have those games with boxes on the shelves sayin Coming Soon. That means they arent normally far off, and that a very good thing

Well I haven't been paying close attention but the only notification we even have of it is E3 conference videos so be hopeful. Hey and send me your Wii code and we can add each other I'm trying to get friends all over the world

I forgot to mention one point that i brought up earlier in regards to brawl having a 0% chance of being launched before the fall. Of course, this is online surface. For all of your morons that think that brawl is going to come out in march, you might wanna rethink it due to the fact that nintendo hasn't really decided when were going to see online play.

And (don't quote me on this because im not positive) nintendo said that they would release online play in Q2 which would be after march. And i personally dont want brawl to be in that first batch of online games which right now i can assume include pokemon, battalion wars 2, and mario strikers. I want them to release brawl after they fix all of the broken online that i presumebly think that we will see.

I think at the pace its going right now we will probably see online play in May. Pokemon Battle Revolution will probably have to come out after diamond and pearl and they are launching in late april. And if i were nintendo i would deffinately want Pokemon as a game that has online on day one of the surface.

For all of you who still dont believe me, we will see in August when you suddenly wonder "hmmm...i wonder when brawl's gonna come out..."

And i will say, "they still havent announced it, but prolly in nov, because it makes the most sense."

Distant_Oblivion said:
No sorry, I meant posters and stuff, like in EB they have those games with boxes on the shelves sayin Coming Soon. That means they arent normally far off, and that a very good thing

That's not necessarily true. I remember seeing boxes for Twilight Princess a year or two before it was even named that. It was like freshamn year of college I think (I'm a junior now.)

Back