Ten Worst Foods to Eat (and Best)

LeWaffles

CUSTOM
Jul 25, 2007
Around Chicago
Interesting Article, some surprising facts to share with ya.
http://www.cspinet.org/nah/10foods_bad.html

10 WORST FOODS
Foods You Should Never Eat

1. Artery Crust

Judging by the label, Pepperidge Farm Roasted White Meat Chicken Premium Pot Pie has 510 calories and 9 grams of saturated fat. But look again. Those numbers are for half a pie. Eat the entire pie, as most people probably do, and you're talking more than 1,000 calories and 18 grams of sat fat.

2. Strip Tease

McDonald's Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips sounds healthy. In fact, ounce for ounce, the Selects are no healthier than the chain's Chicken McNuggets. A standard, five-strip order has 630 calories and 11 grams of artery-clogging fat. That's about the same as a Big Mac, but the burger has 1,040 mg of sodium, while the Selects hit 1,550 mg — a whole day's worth — even without the salty dipping sauce.

3. Factory Reject

Each slice of The Cheesecake Factory's 6 Carb Original Cheesecake has 610 calories — that's the same as you'd get from a slice of its Original Cheesecake. Think of it as an 8-ounce untrimmed prime rib for dessert — with 29 grams of saturated fat, a 11/2-days' supply. The next time you step on the bathroom scale, you may never know that the carbs were missing.

4. Everlasting Dove

Dove squeezes some 300 calories and an average of 11 grams of saturated fat (half-aday's worth) into a tennis-ball size serving (half a cup) of its Dove Ice Cream. That puts it in the same ballpark as Ben & Jerry's and Häagen-Dazs. With names like "Unconditional Chocolate," Dove is trying to link chocolate with romance. A scoop of its ice cream will fill your heart all right … but not with love.

5. Starbucks on Steroids

The Starbucks Venti (20 oz.) Caffè Mocha with whole milk and whipped cream is more than a mere cup of coffee. Think of it as a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in a cup. Few people have room in their diets for the 450 calories and 13 grams of bad fat that this hefty beverage supplies. But you can lose all the bad fat and all but 170 calories if you order a tall (12 oz.) with nonfat milk and no whipped cream

6. Angioplasta

“Fresh chicken and broccoli over pasta with Parmesan cream sauce,” says Ruby Tuesday's menu entry for its Fresh Chicken & Broccoli Pasta. Some diners may know that the cheese and cream sauce add saturated fat, but how much harm could they really do? Enough to turn the dish into a 1,700-calorie megameal — that's like swallowing two one-pound orders of BBQ baby back ribs.

7. Stack Attack

Unless you're suicidal, why on earth would you want to wolf down a Burger King Quad Stacker — 4 hamburger patties, 4 slices of cheese, 8 strips of bacon, plus sauce and a bun? That's half-a-day's calories (1,000), one-and-a-half-days' worth of saturated fat (30 grams), 3 grams of trans fat, and more than a day's sodium (1,800 mg). Urp!

8. Salt's On!

Campbell's Chunky, Select, and red-and-white-label Condensed soups are brimming with salt: Half a can averages more than half of a person's daily quota of salt. Instead, try Campbell's Healthy Request soups, which have about half as much sodium.

9. Tortilla Terror

Interested in a Chipotle Chicken Burrito (tortilla, rice, pinto beans, cheese, chicken, sour cream, and salsa)? Think of its 1,180 calories and 19 grams of saturated fat as three Subway Steak and Cheese 6-inch Subs. Plus, it has 2,900 mg of sodium! Getting the burrito with no cheese or sour cream cuts the saturated fat by two-thirds, but you still end up with 950 calories and 2,690 mg of sodium. Yikes!

10. Stone Cold

Into the chocolate-dipped waffle bowl of a Cold Stone Creamery Gotta Have It Founder's Favorite goes, not just a 12-ounce, softball-sized mound of ice cream, but pecans, brownie pieces, fudge, and caramel. The tab: a startling 1,610 calories, 43 grams of saturated fat, and 3 grams of trans fat. That's roughly what you'd get if you polished off five single-scoop ice cream cones.

Yeah no one reads it for the best foods but it's there if you click on the link

Still Going to Chipotle Thursday lol

Last edited:
Wii-Fi said:
http://www.cspinet.org/nah/10foods_bad.html
Pretty much it goes pep farm pot pie
McD's Chicken Strips
Cheescake factory Cheescake, So Good
Dove ice Cream
Starbucks
Ruby Tuesdays Pasta, surprising
Burger King Quad Stacker, Not Surprising
Campbells Soup, super salty
Chipotle
Stone Cold Ice Cream

Still Going to Chipotle Thursday lol

i thought the worst thing at mcD's was the double quarter pounder

Yikes, yeah, but no shockers - all the pre-fab, huge sat-fat, massive sodium, chemical injected crap people put in their body.

Without even clicking over I bet some of the items on the good list are:

Broccoli
Salmon
Walnuts
Flax
Sweet Potatoes
Whole Wheat/Whole Grain
Some no-fat Dairy

[DT] said:

Speaking of which...

...having some incredible looking line caught Salmon tonight!

Filet, skin on, a little salt, pepper, onion powder, chili powder - use a little olive oil (in a spritzer bottle). Toss it on the grill +skin up+ (trust me) - you do not want it to stick so you can pre-prep with a little no fat/anti stick spray.

Like 3-4 minutes, enough to give it a little touch of grill marks - flip it (make SURE the skin is well coated for no-stick).

Let it go another 3-4 minutes then brush with:

soy sauce (low sodium)
brown sugar
hot sauce
garlic, chili powder
sesame oil or olive oil

Just balance out the taste between these - it should hit with the soy, build sweet and have a little hot lingering flavor!

Brush on 2 or 3 times, let it cook to desired finish (do not overcook please).

FANTASTIC!

[BTW, self-quoting is the hotness]

That burger from that caf in Towin (north Wales)

Damn to meny layers

Wii-Fi said:
wild or farm raised? i think farm raised taste better and no one has proved it contains too much pcbs.

Wild (line caught) - yeah, the jury still seems to be out on the Dioxin and PCB levels, though I believe it depends on the farm condition (so I think it's inconsistent at best). I definitely think some of the freshwater farms for like catfish are sketchy.

I have seen several studies about the reduction in some proteins and omega-3's in farmed (the wild fish diets seem to encourage higher levels). We will go with farmed Salmon if that's all they have, but like the richer wild fish (some people like the farmed, think it's milder!).

My Mum and Dad both eat like hippies. Nothing but organic this and that, I'm lucky to even get a veggie burger. But this gives probably all the reasons why my parents are shielding me from non-organic foods.

Yeah its got to be the cheese sauce on the Pasta that has the most calories.
Plus isn't the recommended calorie intake between 1600-2000 calories a day?

Back