The battery indicator is a lying bugger!

skidmarx

semi-pro thumb jockey
May 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Wii Online Code
5556-6677-7123-4567
Anyone know how long the batteries will hold out on one red bar? I used to change batteries as soon as they turned red but now I've been playing with the red bar batteries for hours.

It depends on the game, games like Metroid Prime 3 or Zelda will consume your batteries very quickly, because the Wiimote rumbles very often. But if you're just playing WiiSports, then your batteries will last like a month.

Well, of course you can turn the rumble feature and the speaker on/off, so even if you play Metroid your batteries will last a lot.

Just change your batteries when your Wiimote starts losing connection too often that it interrupts your gameplay, that's what I do.

I've gone and got myself a recharger for the Wiimotes.

Just GAME's own brand ones, but they're quite effective.

Also, I think it might depend on whether you use the nunchuck or not. On it's own, the batteries seem to last longer.

Right when my batteries turn red it throw em in a bag and put them in a refrigerator to keep them okay and replace them. Then whenever I need some AA batteries Ill use the ones in the refrigertator

I also have rechargeables. I bought them at a dollar store. Charger + 4 batteries = 12.99. A very good buy.

Yes yes I bought rechargeables two days ago but I was simply waiting for the duracells to die. It finally happened backing out of Zelda and I had to resync the Wiimote arghh... :mad5: So based on that I would guess that red bar would last 6 hours playing with the nunchuk attached and like 12 hours unattached. probably.

TitansATB said:
Right when my batteries turn red it throw em in a bag and put them in a refrigerator to keep them okay and replace them. Then whenever I need some AA batteries Ill use the ones in the refrigertator

excuse my language but what.the.****

^ simply put, why do batteries need to go in the fridge? I never heard of this either.

skidmarx said:
Yes yes I bought rechargeables two days ago but I was simply waiting for the duracells to die. It finally happened backing out of Zelda and I had to resync the Wiimote arghh... :mad5: So based on that I would guess that red bar would last 6 hours playing with the nunchuk attached and like 12 hours unattached. probably.
I insist, it's the rumble that takes away most of the batteries, not the nunchuck.

Well if its a problem I would use a charger like others have said.
But really, its not lying, just play until it disconnects the remote. Thats the indication I use to know when to change the batteries.

I never use rumble anyway, so yes factor that in.

I still say the battery indicator lies. One minute it's on red then you check five minutes later and it's back two bars again. And I don't want to wait for the controller to disconnect - this shouldn't happen in an in-game situation.

skidmarx said:
I never use rumble anyway, so yes factor that in.

I still say the battery indicator lies. One minute it's on red then you check five minutes later and it's back two bars again. And I don't want to wait for the controller to disconnect - this shouldn't happen in an in-game situation.

Having it go from red back to blue is not a bad thing, and if that does happen in game, then have some batteries handy.

Really, its not that big of a deal.

Back