The Noob Threshold

Cpt.McCloud said:
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

:wtf:

Mitch thinks I'm a noob . . . .

:cryin:
well it depends, do you flame them for it or just say "hey, this question has been asked before. next time please use the search feature before posting" or something along those lines?

Mitch2025 said:
well it depends, do you flame them for it or just say "hey, this question has been asked before. next time please use the search feature before posting" or something along those lines?

Well, not exactly flame. . . . .

more like.

"S/E/A/R/C/H

Spells search.

Its good to know how to search >.<

Try using it. . ."

OK, im a noob:lol:

People that double post a lot
Then people that complain about them double postin and dont answer there question

Every one that I say ello to

Darkprinny said:
People that double post a lot
Then people that complain about them double postin and dont answer there question

Every one that I say ello to

I agree, just because some one double posts doesnt mean they area newb, i bet the best of us have done it sometimes. Its an accident most of the time. And they dont even answer, thats what pisses me off.

newb=someone who sucks or are clueless/stupid because they are new
noob=someone who isnt new but acts as though they were a newb (see above: newb)

A noob (idiotic person who can't make a sensical post) and a newb (someone who is new) are completely different things. o.o;

Personally I only hate the first kind; there's nothing wrong with the second one.

Griever said:
A noob (idiotic person who can't make a sensical post) and a newb (someone who is new) are completely different things. o.o;

Personally I only hate the first kind; there's nothing wrong with the second one.

Thats a very good point, however as I cannot find the word "sensical" in either the Oxford or Cambridge dictionaries then which category do you belong in? :aureola:

Mitch2025 said:
anyone can be a non noob even if they have only posted once. it is the quality of the persons posts and the maturity of them. i label the people who say "USE THE ****ING SEARCH FEATURE YOU GOD DAMN NOOB!!!!11!!1!SHIFT+1!11!!" as noobs. or people who flame newbs (newbs are just new people. if you have under 10 posts you are a newb but not necessarily a noob.) for not using something like the search feature. maybe they have never used a forum or couldnt find it. the people i see who flame the newbs for something as trivial as using the search, are IMO noobs
QFT

I completely agree with this post.

My other nepthew
Last spy/addware check

random comments
"spyware is that bad"
"are virusis bad"
"I put on this anti virus program this guy on a site told me"
(He allready has one)
"why isnt lime wire working"
(he didnt install and allow it with his fire wall)
(told him to use torrents)
"my internets soo slow"
Thats becuase of all them virusis you got off limewire

n00b for me is someone who is fairly new to something but it stupid about it. If you're new but make intelligent statements and decisions, you become un-n00b. But if you act stupid and make it blatantly obvious that you're new, you're a n00b. If you run into a town on World of Warcraft and say "Hey, where's the tavern?" everyone knows you're new, therefore you're a n00b. If you just ask an npc for info, you're making an intelligent decision, therefore bringing you closer to un-n00b status. But even someone who has been playing a game for years or has a lot of posts on a forum can still be a n00b. If someone is a member of a forum for 2 years and they have over 1000 posts but then they go and flame another member, they're a n00b. Hackers are n00bs.

Back