The official conduit thread - the sequel

here is an preview from someone from ign boards who went to the comic con. he also has videos up but they are the same.
Prensenatation: Fantastic. Really slick menus. Look great. Tons, and I mean tons of options. Also keep in mind this is still an early build and according to Eric the build we were playing is a month old but still new to the press and fans. Overall, great presentation.

Graphics: This is a big one. I will try not to over-hype bc I tend to do that sometimes but damn, the game looks hella good. 360 in SD? Damn close. And for a game that's not releasing till the summer (confirmed by the Sega reps there) its just beautiful. I mean forget the pics, forget the vids, you HAVE to play this and see it for yourself. Now don't get me wrong, it doesn't look like Killzone 2 lol, but when you see it for the first time you WILL have a hard time believing that its running on the Wii. Its bc we are used to seeing so much bull crap. Anyway, it looks great. And its been much improved. The textures, the gun models, the character models, the lighting, all significantly improved. I don't know what else to say other than it looks damn good and you guys should be anticipating and supporting this title.

Gameplay: MMMmmm. At first it felt a little loose. But then I dug deep into the control settings and made the bounding box smaller, adjusted some control sensitives (All in-game) turned on auto center feature, customized my control layout by mapping the melee to Z as opposed to motion. Endless customization. HUD customization. everything. Oh and BTW, I can confirm Wii Speak functionality. In the settings menu, there is a whole section called Wii Speak. You can choose whether or not you will be using headphones, sound sensitivity and some other stuff I forget. By default, Down on d-pad is to Zoom, left and right to switch weapons, + for the ASE, - to reload, 1 is to pause I believe, and 2 to check multi-player stats. Also in the menus, is a stat tracker for everything you do in the campaign like kill counts and also multi-player. As for the actual game, man the guns feel GREAT. And they all feel different. The pistol has instantly become my favorite pistol since the pistol from Halo 1. Its beautiful and its destructive. The SCAR is nice, Shrieker is the IR controlled gun, feels nice, then there's the Striker. There are two Strikers. One that lets you charge up and another that is an automatic and is much more powerful. I also used the Shotty which is awesome and very powerful. Reload animations are beautiful. I looked forward to each time I had to relaod lol. They look really good. Oh and there are head shots in this game. You shoot enough in the head and their heads will pop off and goo will spew out. NICE!

This one's for Indy: WARP PISTOL. I picked it up, its basically a standard alien pistol, looks really cool, and its alternate fire is a charge shot that you use to destroy Warp holes. Pretty cool weapon.

Enemies I came across were everything everybody has seen so far including the boss but there were new enemies I saw. Weird skinny dudes with electricity bolts all over them.

I also got this KICK ASS gun called the Hive gun that shoots little tiny bugs that keep going into you until your body explodes. Felt damn good.

The Difficulty was SIGNIFICANTLY increased. I died several times when I was acting stupid and not getting cover which you do by holding down the C button. Also you were free to set it to Easy, Medium, Hard, Very Hard, or even Impossible. I left it at Medium and couldn't kill the big Boss dude. Took me like ten times then I finally beat him.

Only gripe is that the AI could be better which I'm sure will be improved and the framerate needs to be ironed out in some areas but in all honesty I barely noticed it. It felt really good.

Sound: Really nice and atmospheric. Gun sounds awesome, enemies sound cool.

Extras: My friend and I got a chance to speak with Eric. He's really cool. I just went up to him and totally interrupted his conversation lol. But he was cool about it. We asked him several things, and he said everything is gonna be ironed out and is gonna be great when it finally releases. Now I can finally believe him bc I played the damn game.

Here's the JUICY PART: The team has been playing Multi-player for a YEAR AND A HALF according to Eric. Maps are already done and they've been testing and working on it this whole time. Wow. Didn't see that coming.

Also, I asked him if this game can be compared to big titles like Halo and Resistance in his honest opinion. He hesitated at first but then I was like I don't mean graphically (even though it looks great) and he said he thoroughly enjoys playing the Conduit over the other two games mainly bc of the controls. Since he's been playing it so much, he said its hard to go back. We told him how awesome it was that they were making this game and wished him luck.

linkage

"I'm Giddy with excitement!"

Now I really want this game!

So I guess I'll have to get some other games that are coming out for now.

here is an preview from someone from ign boards who went to the comic con. he also has videos up but they are the same.

"Oh and BTW, I can confirm Wii Speak functionality. In the settings menu, there is a whole section called Wii Speak. You can choose whether or not you will be using headphones, sound sensitivity and some other stuff I forget."

linkage

OK, headphones? I'd like to hear more about that! :yesnod:

Nice!

Even the videos and photos as of late have looked better, so I can believe what the guy in the preview was saying. This game is definitely shaping up nicely.

Agreed ^

Better than the concept behind Wii Speak, and I still say that if the DS has one Wii can too.

Why wouldn't you want that? If nintendo isn't going to make one, let the other companies give us what we want.

so. what makes you think that this game is better than any regular fps on the 360 for example.
or its only special cuz its on wii ?
tell me guys whats uniqe in it?

Back