Think the Wiimote + Nunchuck are a bit.. Pricey?

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Yeah. $60 for the wiimote + nunchuck set.

That's a difference from the $20 I'm used to spending on a new Gamecube controller!

I wonder why it's THAT much more. I know it would be more because of the speaker and the wirelessness... But, three times more?

There might be something I'm not seeing.

Well, it has a built-in gyroscope that senses movement and a pinpoint accurate pointer, so maybe that's why. I think they should have or should in the future release a wiimote with a charging pack, rather than having two AA batteries. I wonder if they will make a nunchuk someday that will have a battery pack that can be used when the wiimote's batteries expire?

It is so expensive just because what NateTheGreat said, so anyway I dont think its too expensive

Also, to compare, both the Xbox 360 and PS3's controllers are $50 retail, and with tax that's about $55, so the wiimote is pretty competitive; with the nunchuk it costs only about $5 more and neither the Xbox 360's nor the PS3's controllers feature all the abilities the wiimote and nunchuk do. And just look at what it costs for a gaming keyboard and mouse; like $60 just for some wired mice and around the same for a keyboard.

Nate was one step ahead of me :( yea the competitors controllers are almost just as much. and alot of games u dont need the wiimote AND nunchuck. so 40 bones for the wiimote for alota games.

I would have liked to see them at $50 for the set, but honestly, $10 more than Ps3's and 360's controllers isn't bad at all. And considering the superior technology in it, $10 difference isn't bad at all.

It is still $60....and $60 is kind of a lot of money for an extra controller.

NateTheGreat said:
Well, it has a built-in gyroscope that senses movement and a pinpoint accurate pointer, so maybe that's why. I think they should have or should in the future release a wiimote with a charging pack, rather than having two AA batteries. I wonder if they will make a nunchuk someday that will have a battery pack that can be used when the wiimote's batteries expire?
Whats wrong with having rechargable batterys? When they die you put a new set in and recharge the old ones. You never have to leave your controller charging over night.

work for a living, and nothing is too expensive. 360's wireless are 60, ps3 originally claimed a 100$ tag on its controllers, make your shitty friends buy or bring theirs over.

It is definitely overpriced, but I guess that is where Nintendo plans to make some $$$. I don’t think that I’ve had to pay anywhere near $60 for an extra controller for any other system.

I don't mind that the controllers are a tad pricey. Big deal, we have to pay $60 four times. Xbox360 and PS3 owners have to pay that much for every single game they want.

Well the controller is the meat of the Wii!!!
I mean you wouldn't expect them to keep the price 20 dollars :lol:

did anyone notice the comment by "owner" on that ebgames site?.

quote: "i own the wii and us this all the time and is the greatest thing for the wii."

hmm?

Back