Wireless Sensor bar for Wii wins

Doc141

Super Mario Bros. MASTA!
Mar 20, 2007
Wii Online Code
2478-2768-0821-6129
The Best peripherals for your Wii!

Nyko's Wireless sensor bar is one of the best peripherals you can get for the Wii right now. That and of course Nyko's Wiimote Charging stand. Both of these will make the Wii 10 times better

The Sensor Bar
ces-2007-wii-wireless-sensor-bar-20070109055236221-000.jpg

PROS:
Reads signals from 30 feet out (much more than original Bar)
No Wires at all

CONS:
Batteries

41r8mKD11LL._AA280_.jpg

PROS:
No more batteries!
Looks good
20 bucks!

CONS:
IMO the Rubber grip.

wiisuperretroport1_large.jpg

PROS:
Play Super Nintendo Games the Way they were meant to be played!

CONS:
Why use the gamecube ports instead of the Wii's Nunchuck/Classic Controller port?

No N64 one yet...

a bit pricey (20$)

retrousb.com

GO ahead and post some!

Last edited:
Why would you want to be 30 feet from your TV? Do you have the vision of superman? The wireless bar has to be turned off and on manually unlike the original one.

paintba||er said:

Thirty feet isn't that far away if you have a big ass projector screen...
6 foot projection at 4:3 means you should be 18 feet away. How big is this screen?

You forget that the wii works on triangulation to get the front to back movement. THe wireless sensor bar is the same size as the original meaning it will not work well over 10 feet away.

braschlosa said:
Why would you want to be 30 feet from your TV?

Agree! Why would you want to be 30 feet from your TV unless you have a humongous TV! I don't care for this wireless sensor bar because the cord for Nintendo sensor bar is already way long enough and I don't put my Wii in different room from my TV anyway.

i dont think you "have" to be that far away but its always good to be able to.

I love the wireless sensor bar and the charger. I highly recomend both.
I do use my Wii with a projector and was so happy when a wireless sensor bar came out. Until then I had just streached everything out across the room. Now I just have to put up the bar and play. Much better. Off of my projector my screen is right at 100" with the signal from the Wii. In 720P from my cable box it is right at 130"
Here is a photo... The fish tank is a 20 gallon tank on a stand... So yes it is nice to be able to play from across the room with no worries...

Attachments

• file.jpg
    file.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 190
Although I have the wireless sensor bar, I don't think either of these can be claimed the best peripheral for Wii. It is convenient to have the wireless sensor bar for a projector connection. I do use it for this purpose and I use an FM transmitter for the sound. The spacing between the two groups of IR LEDs in the wireless sensor bar really limit the distance between the WiiMote and the sensor bar. That's why I am making one using 2 groups of 10 IR LEDs spaced wider apart. If you really want to get a wireless sensor bar, get one for ~$6 at dealextreme instead of the Nyko one. It will get the job done at 1/4 of the cost.
By the way, my home made sensor bar will have a DC adapter port so I don't need to change battery.

Last edited:
The Wireless Sensor Bar makes it easy to take your Wii places as well as it being easy to set up.

The reason i brought up how far it reaches is just because that is a plus. The main reason I bought it is because now i don't have a 30 foot thin ass wire extending and making a mess. Batteries are not that big of a deal. They last a really long time too.

That retrousb.com site is pretty cool. I think the NES/SNES to Gamecube connectors are a great idea, although they're kinda pricey.

If they come out with N64 ones, I'm definately buying some! I would LOVE to be able to use my N64 controllers with my Wii.

As for the wireless gear, I don't have much need for a wireless senor bar (I don't have a projector). And I have a bunch of rechargable batteries so I don't really need to invest in the charging stations.

Back