This should probably be stickied, working USB-Ethernet cable

CSimpson

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2007
Im currently using a USB to Ethernet adapter connected from my non-wireless linksys router to my Wii. The connection is fantastic and fast and this adapter works first time without having to install any software or codecs or run a cd or anything, just plug and set up the connetion in the wii settings.

Heres the newegg product link, its only around $20.00 usually, or it was when i purchased it, and its usually in stock.

KINAMAX USB 2.0 A-Male to A-Male 3ft Extension Cable Model USB-AMAM - Retail

This works, there are videos on YouTube of it working, and there is another Wii message board on which dozens of users including myself have confirmed it working. Im posting this because i noticed it wasnt stickied and it should be and i saw an earlier post about people wondering if there was something that worked in the USB port.

Well here ya go, if this is already stickied in another board i apologize but i figured whats the harm. If i find that video ill post it.

I can't see why dial up wouldn't work. I setup a dialup router years ago for a very small office. All pc's plugged into the router and when a internet request was made the router would dial. The wii would do the same thing.
You could probably do the same thing with a hub and Microsoft internet connection sharing.

CSimpson said:
Heres the newegg product link, its only around $20.00 usually, or it was when i purchased it, and its usually in stock.

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but the item you are looking for has been deactivated. Here are some similar products that you may wish to consider"

You can't buy this one anymore from Newegg and I can't find it for sale any where else. If you go to http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Wii_ethernet_adapter you can see the available adaptors and whether they've been tested or not.

Even worse, I'm in the UK, and no-one in the States will ship any of these to the UK (even if you can find them in stock!)

Anyone know when the official Nintendo USB-Ethernet adaptor is being released in the UK?

Steve

Back