Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164

This weeks UK VC games

------------------------------
Adventures of lolo

Adventures_of_Lolo_NES_ScreenShot4.jpg

NES 500pts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventures_of_Lolo_1
Adventures of Lolo was released in the United States in 1989. The levels were based on some of the ones in the previous Japanese games, in addition to some original levels, for a total of 50 levels. Because the game was seen as a "compilation," it was not released in Japan. Its sequel, Adventures of Lolo 2 in the West, was known as Adventures of Lolo in Japan. Most of the graphics are similar to the game Eggerland - Revival of the Labyrinth with only minor differences. It spawned two sequels for the NES: Adventures of Lolo 2 and Adventures of Lolo 3, both of which had gameplay very similar to the original. It is slated for release on the Wii Virtual Console.​

--------------------------------------​

Balloon fight

In Balloon Fight, the player controls a Balloon Fighter who flies around with two balloons on his back. The object of the game is to defeat all of the enemies in each level by popping the balloon on their backs. When the balloon is popped, the enemy will float down on a parachute, and either land on the ground and survive, or fall in the water and drown, although sometimes a big fish will come out and eat the enemy before it can touch the water, but it can also eat the player if he is too close to the water. If the enemy lands, the player must harm it before it can blow up another balloon or it will change to a different color. You can also be harmed by hitting its parachute. All of these ways of harming the enemy will cause it to fall into the water which will cause a bubble to float up that can be popped for 500 bonus points. If an enemy pops one of the player's balloons, the player rises more slowly; if both are popped, the player loses a life. It is also possible to lose a life by falling in the water, getting hit by lightning, or getting eaten by a fish. After every three phases there is a bonus stage where balloons rise up out of pipes. Each one popped will give the player a certain amount of points, and if all are popped, a bonus for a perfect game is awarded.
The levels get progressively harder, with each one featuring new and faster enemies. After completing enough levels the game starts reusing older levels with more enemies and an item, the flipper, that knocks characters away.
The game also has a two player mode. Two players (one with blue balloons, one with red) play together in a similar fashion to the single player mode. However, it is possible for the players to pop each other's balloons.​

There is also a minigame called Balloon Trip (Game C on the Balloon Fight main menu), a side-scrolling level in which the player must avoid electric sparks while trying to pop balloons. Bubbles occur on this level, which stop the level from scrolling for a while when popped and award 500 bonus points. Popping 20 balloons in succession results in beating the preset high score. The big fish also appears.

-------------------------------------------​

Dead moon

The game starts off with two ships in reserve and three cluster bombs. The spaceship moves left-to-right, with the screen being at rest only at certain areas, such as boss battles. Periodically during enemy barriages, supply ships will enter the screen near the top or bottom and, if shot, will release upgrades. Multiple pickups of the same color/upgrade will increase the potentcy of the weapon to a maximum of three and allow the ship to take one more extra hit per pickup to a maximum of three. With each hit, the ship will lose one level of weapon increase and once the ship is at its base weapon level, it will be destroyed on the next hit. If the ship gains a certain color/upgrade once it has reached its three upgrade limit, the ship will gain one cluster bomb per pickup. There are six levels (called scenes), each with a mid-level boss and scene boss.​

Sounds like Gradus
---------------------------------------​

THATS IT
Me thinks Nintendo is takein the piss​

Last edited:
I've finally lost patience and care for VC. It's just been too long to have so few good games. It's dead to me :(

What time locally do games typically go up in the UK? They're up at 12pm EST in the US (9am PST) so they're obviously up much earlier in the UK considering it's not even 6am yet as I'm writing this...

There up at one secound past midnight

There's some good games on VC like Streets of Rage and... um... Streets of Rage 2.

Nothing there that excites me... but I can always wait for something to come along for me to spend my hard earned money on.

Yeah i heard its fun the Lolo game.. i wanted to play that game too.. we might get that next week on monday.

well pacman is simple too, and i play that once every nite just to try an beat my score. balloon fights a good game, ill get it if its his the u.s. this monday. sometimes the best games are the simple ones.

Back