THQ detail the use of the Wiimote in their titles

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
The Wiimote is a major addition to the Wii gaming experience, and because of that many developers are putting it at the forefront in their game development.

Allowing their titles to really make good use of the Wiimote hardware is a great selling point and the developers know this. So THQ have decided to release some more in-depth details about their upcoming games and how they will make use of the Wiimote.
SpongeBob Squarepants

• SpongeBob fans will get to fly using the Wii controller as it becomes an aircraft’s control stick in unique, fast paced flying sections.
• Players will experience racing as they grip the Wii controller like a steering wheel for a whole new and intuitive virtual driving experience.
• Rampage through Bikini Bottom as a 50 foot Plankton using the Wii’s unique accelerometers by sweeping, swiping and shaking the controller to punch, stomp and roar through a path of destruction.

• Melee attacks using the Wii’s controller in sweeping gestures allow players to create combo-moves.
• Players perform Bending moves by moving the Wii controller left, right, up or down.
• Focus Moves allow players to draw symbols, using the Wii controller, from the “Avatar world” in a time based series in order to generate special moves.
• Players can use the Wii Nunchuk to control the game camera with tilting action.

Cars

• Players will race rotating the Wii controller like a steering wheel.
• Control jumps with the Wii controller.
• Enhanced mini games will use the unique control features including tilt mechanics in Tractor Tipping and motion mechanics for the Pit Stop.

Barnyard

• Swing the Wii remote like a club to tee off for a game of golf.
• Simulate a pool stick with the Wii remote in a game of Barnyard Billiards.
• Swing and strike with the controller to whack weasels in the Whack-a-Rac game.
• Utilize the Wii controller like a steering wheel to take the farmer’s truck on a joy ride.

source: http://www.thegamefeed.com/news-584106a9dbccf182be08850690b783ac.html

It looks like the wii mote is going to be used as a driving-wheel in more-or-less all driving games- suppose that makes sence. Though i wonder if that will become boring, using the same steering tecnique every time? :zzz:

i assume 'cars' is based on the new movie? i doubt that game will take off... what with that game out for DS etc now... then again, perhaps the release of the movie on DVD will re-spark it's interest...

GAY! GAY KIDDY TITLES (Section 1: Except avatar, everyone loves avatar) HONESTLY THQ WE DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT YOUR HALF ASS ATTEMPTS TO GET AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE BEFORE YOU FAIL FOR GOOD.

NO PORTS
NO GAY MOVIE/SHOW HALF-ASS GAMES(refer to Section 1)
BAD THQ! *Beats THQ with a stick*

sasuke747 said:
Hate to admit this but Disney was good in like the 1940-1990's now it just really sucks

Quoted for the truth -_-

The Wiimote sounds sooo amazing. I can't wait to finally get my hands on it :)

Sovieto said:
GAY! GAY KIDDY TITLES (Section 1: Except avatar, everyone loves avatar) HONESTLY THQ WE DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT YOUR HALF ASS ATTEMPTS TO GET AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE BEFORE YOU FAIL FOR GOOD.

NO PORTS
NO GAY MOVIE/SHOW HALF-ASS GAMES(refer to Section 1)
BAD THQ! *Beats THQ with a stick*
ok man your entitled to your opinion but that is just offensive

Back