Toros, WA2000, or Gambit?

Volcarona

The Sun Pokemon
Apr 11, 2011
The great state of Texas!
Wii Online Code
1512-1772-5792-0000
I created a long-range loadout just for kicks, consisting of a Silenced Ivana with a sniper rifle Multi Tasked as the secondary weapon. The idea was simple: Run around the map quietly with the Ivana, and whenever I run across a sniper spot, I swap to the rifle and scan the map. If I see someone, I put him down with the rifle, then I whip out the Ivana again and move to a new spot. Although I made it for fun, it's actually extremely effective, and I've been having fun with it so far.

My question for you today is WHICH sniper rifle should I use with the loadout? The three I'm considering (you should already know which three from the title) are all very effective, but after trying them all, I just can't decide which one to use. They all have pros and cons, which I'll list out. Keep in mind that as you read this, all three rifles will be used without silencers, lasers, or thermal scopes, since they're on the receiving end of Multi Task.

Oh, and the reason I'm not considering the Talon is because I hate how it takes up the entire right half of the screen. Pavlov is Pavlov.

Toros AV-400:

The Toros, without a doubt, is an excellent rifle. Little recoil, an awesome fire rate, and plenty of power. The only two cons I could find were that it's got a 5 bullet clip (which could be used up pretty quickly, considering the fire rate), and it takes forever to reload. It's got the longest reload time of all 3 rifles, which might cause an issue.

WA2000:

Before you all go crazy about the recoil this motherf**ker has, let me say one thing. Recoil has never been an issue for me. I'll be honest, I never even noticed the differences between recoils before I joined this site. Yes, even for the Anova. Other than that, it's got a 6-bullet clip, which is the largest of the 3 rifles (may not seem like much, but it has come in handy before, and it also makes it the best choice for an occasional no-scope), and a short barrel. It's got a fire rate equal to that of the Talon, but has slightly less power behind its punch. Overall a great choice. Not to mention it sounds awesome (yes, that is also one of the things I'm considering. The rifle has to sound badass).

Gambit CP-208:

The most powerful rifle out of the 3, it's a guaranteed kill no matter how much defense the enemy is packing and no matter where you hit him. It reloads the fastest out of all 3 rifles, and it's also a pretty short weapon, which I like. Not to mention it sounds freaking incredible. It's the kind of gun where you hear someone else fire it, and you think "Oh my god, what the hell was that!? I'm in deep s**t here...". But the fire rate. Oh god the fire rate. You pretty much have to get it right the first time. Normally, I can do that, but I've had times where I've had to miss a kill because I missed a shot and couldn't get out another before the enemy ran behind something.

So what's your opinion? They're all great choices, but I want to be able to stick with one and just leave it at that.

Last edited:
Good thread Volca..... I'm using your toros loadout at the moment with S Ivana.....very effective. I use the toros because it's the most flexible. I can clear the boatroom with it, I can't do that with the Gambo because of ROF. Its still good for the initial snipe out at the begining of jungle, so for me its more all round.

That said I have been trying going silenced with the talon, its quite good with HH.......LOUD ivana though :(

i haven't used the gambit a hole lot cause i'm level 46 but i used to be 51 so i think u should u the WA2000 because its rate of fire is OK and the toros is only good with a thermal (in my opinion) and like u said the gambit has bad rate of fire so u kill one guy and the other right behind him gets away. so i say WA2000.

gambit for sure if you are accurate i love it when i pick one up
i get at least 5 kill streaks when i pick one up

My Sniper loadout consits of WA2000 Silenced with HH Proxies and Strata as Secondary.. WA is powerful... I can over look the nasty recoil which I actually have gotten 100% acustom to and I dont notice it anymore. The WA matched with HH is a one shot one kill unless the enemy is equiped with Armor and Bio combined then it's Two shots. The WA kills in one shot on every part of the body besides the Arm. The Foot, Leg, Knee, Torso, Chest, Head are all one shot one kill with HH. Besides the Gambit there is no other rifle that can do that. I always used the Toros but once I unlocked the WA its was sayonora Toros, hello WA2000.

Toros, WA2000, or Gambit

My Sniper loadout consits of WA2000 Silenced with HH Proxies and Strata as Secondary.. WA is powerful... I can over look the nasty recoil which I actually have gotten 100% acustom to and I dont notice it anymore. The WA matched with HH is a one shot one kill unless the enemy is equiped with Armor and Bio combined then it's Two shots. The WA kills in one shot on every part of the body besides the Arm. The Foot, Leg, Knee, Torso, Chest, Head are all one shot one kill with HH. Besides the Gambit there is no other rifle that can do that. I always used the Toros but once I unlocked the WA its was sayonora Toros, hello WA2000.

Well overall, if you are a decent sniper, you really dont need multitask. On all my snipers, I only have one that has a multitask in it. I have 4 sniper classes btw. Noscoping/Quickscoping is a piece of cake in this game. But back to Volcs issue, I'd say the Toros. You're running and shooting, then running again right? Therefore the toros reloading issue really doesnt matter

Back