tricks/tips/strategies

when in close combat, always jump while firing at the enemy. Save ammo man, when you see an Elite break his armor first, then run in for the gun butt. Shotguns are your friend. People struggle to find the sword, but when you have the shotty, your'e just as lucky. Always aim for the noggin with it and you'll kill that mother right away unless they have an over shield.

assault rifle - shoot around half a clip then melee for the kill.
if you know youre about to die from say..an attack from behind try to toss a grenade in front of you (once in awhile youll get a kill from the grave or at least damage your killer for your teammates to finish off)
grenades/assault rifle/melee should be your main tools of destruction, master them all in combination of assault rifle, assault rifle + grenade or melee or all 3.

Well learn to 4-shot people with the battle rifle, or 2-shot+melee or the new bxr (but some may call that cheating and I won't say the combination).

With shotgun, shoot, then melee straight after, same as close range sniper unless you can no-scope them in the head.

Just learn the maps and learn how to play and aim.

The only thing i found and thought weird, was mission 8, 'Cortana'.
when you approach a door, shaped like an unwanted orafice, it opens.
but dont walk through it, just stand there and pick off the enemy with long ranged shots. they dont seem to want to attack you through these doors.

csayers666 said:
The only thing i found and thought weird, was mission 8, 'Cortana'.
when you approach a door, shaped like an unwanted orafice, it opens.
but dont walk through it, just stand there and pick off the enemy with long ranged shots. they dont seem to want to attack you through these doors.

NOW YOU TELL ME.

oh im up to the part where you get a flamethrower and going down a big corridor full of flood turrnets

is there skulls in this game if so can yall tell me were they are :yesnod:

When playing a playlist such as Team Swords be sure to jump high in the air before going to attack another guy. By jumping up you make it harder for your opponent to focus in on you. My second tip is that if you're being chased up a ramp throw a grenade off the wall where you're running. By doing that you should manage to take out their full shield which will give you the advantage.

Well seeing how im almost a captain grade 2 i should know alot lol =p

Im not sure is anyone has sad these but here are mine.

1. If you getting chased bounce gernades off the wall and it will problaly kill them.

2. If your versing a ghost or a mongoose or somthing. Let them get close to you then through a spike gernade or plasma then jump real fast.

3. Never stay still while sniping no matter how much u suck at Moving Sniping.

4. If your playing capture the flag always makesure you have a plasma pistol so you can disable veichles like warhogs then stick the driver.

5. Shoot about half a round with the assult rifle then melee them.

6. Use the mauler melee combo shoot them then melee them.

In a team game you shouldn't be moving all the time with the sniper, you should be finding a good spot to snipe in and make sure you're covered by your team-mates.

Pretty much the basic Lockout strategy in Halo 2 was having the sniper on the ledge between BR3 and Library, having a sword/shotgunner in mid BR and a guy checking the window/top blue in the library, while the other guy did whatever.

With sniping you wanna guarantee headshots (now more than ever with a slower fire rate and less auto aim), so you don't wanna be running around all the time, especially when using the sniper rifle.

An easy combo to kill people is the n00b combo, which you use the plasma pistol to shoot someone, then immediately swap to battle rifle to shoot them in the head as soon as it hits, this is a very easy way to get kills, hence the name.

The noob combo actually takes skill now. The plasmapistol shot doesnt follow you it just goes straight so its easy to dodge

massi4h said:
Well learn to 4-shot people with the battle rifle, or 2-shot+melee or the new bxr (but some may call that cheating and I won't say the combination).

With shotgun, shoot, then melee straight after, same as close range sniper unless you can no-scope them in the head.

Just learn the maps and learn how to play and aim.
What's this cheating you're talking about? Spill the beans damn it! Lol

Back