Turn Your Wii Into A Fireplace. Yes Really!

Wii News

Wii News Blog
Oct 10, 2009

At first glance this might seem like one of the sillier downloads available on WiiWare, but as anyone who’s enjoyed the very relaxing My Aquarium on the Wii will tell you, these background features do actually work! *My Fireplace does exactly what it says on the tin – it’s a fireplace for your TV set! According to the developers, Korner Entertainment S.L. and Continental Producciones S.L., My Fireplace is the first hyper-realistic fireplace for the Wii. How you want to “tend” to your pretend fire is all up to you. You can either choose to prepare the wood, light the fire and stoke it yourself, or select the “automatic” option to have the fireplace on your screen while you eat with your family, throw a party or have a cosy dinner for two (which may or may not involve the special “Love” style fireplace design which is one of several extra designs included. Intrigued by that!). My Fireplace is due for release sometime this year, no word about price yet either but My Aquarium was pretty cheap so presumably this will be too.* Just don’t try toasting marshmallows on it though or you’ll be waiting a long time!

Better still.
Light it up and enjoy the smell of burning plastic

Back