University of California is now offering a credited class on Blizzard's Starcraft

Dinner

Reading Rainbow
Dec 4, 2007
Scarborough, Ontario
Wii Online Code
2878-9257-8140-1234
The Tumeroks blog reports that the University of California, Berkeley is now offering a class on Blizzard's Starcraft real-time strategy game. "This course will go in-depth in the theory of how war is conducted within the confines of the game Starcraft. There will be lecture on various aspects of the game, from the viewpoint of pure theory to the more computational aspects of how exactly battles are conducted. Calculus and Differential Equations are highly recommended for full understanding of the course. Furthermore, the class will take the theoretical into the practical world by analyzing games and replays to reinforce decision-making skills and advanced Starcraft theory.

http://www.tumeroks.com/starcraft-course-opened-for-college-earn-credits/

Wonder how many Korean kids will die studying for the final exam.

ROFL. Me and my friend were joking about this becoming involved in school when we used to play. Lucky asses, I used to own at Starcraft!

a bunch of dorky asians want to learn about combat? throw them into the armed forces and see how long they last.

this is just depressing.

...and I thought my former school had some questionable classes that were credited, like surfing, wakeboarding, and bowling for example.

Back