US VC releases for today

Ugh...all NES games. When are we going to get some primo N64 and SNES games? I wish they would just release like 10 games next Monday...this is getting annoying. Although thankfully I still have some weeks to go before I setup my connection.

Last edited:
Why dude. I'm not going to apologize for my opinion. They look horrible to me and they really don't get me excitedto play them. Now if it were SNES then I'd be alright with them. If you like them then go download them. But just looking at the screenshots is enough to make me not want it.

dude whats your problem kirby's adventure was one of the best looking nes titles coming close to snes.

I think they're all great with the exception of ice climbers. its good ,but not great. I'm a little disappointed as i was expecting donkey kong country. Although i still got 2 classics i've been wanting. Plus this will be a cheaper blow to my wallet. Heres hoping next week brings donkey kong country.

MasterJedi2U said:
Why dude. I'm not going to apologize for my opinion. They look horrible to me and they really don't get me excitedto play them. Now if it were SNES then I'd be alright with them. If you like them then go download them. But just looking at the screenshots is enough to make me not want it.

well, being a little more old school than most of you guys, Id have to say that I could pick 10 NES games that would blow away most N64 or SNES games.
BUT THESE ARE NOT THEM, NOR WERE THEY THE WEEK BEFORE, NOR THE WEEK BEFORE

Anyone else remember all those nights staying up late playing ICE CLIMBER? me neither. So basicly in the year 2010, I can pick a few of my favorite games from 1985.

BOO to these 3 games. Kid icarus is a watered down Mario/Zelda/Metroid with gay music.

Nintendo is killing me with the filler games. I was waiting up for the press release to see what the new games were, and remembered: Im going to be pissed when i see them. So I went to bed and woke up pissed.

Next weeks VC release: Tiger Hand-Held Double Dragon, Tiger Hand-Held Rush-n-attack, Vibrating Football from 70's, and electronic Tennis from 70's (red LED goes back and forth over black screen, making horrible buzzing noise upon scoring). Maybe even E.T. for Atari. That game made me throw myself off the roof in 1986. I may be alive on the outside........

Last edited:
MasterJedi2U said:
Why dude. I'm not going to apologize for my opinion.
Did I say apologize? You can't have any opinion you want. I just don't come across many gamers who frown upon NES games.

Asshat.

Okay Maximo you might be right about Kirby...I'll think about that one. However theres no way I'm gonna get Ice Climbers or Kid Icarus. Its just not worth it to me. Nor do I have a desire to play NES games. Like Maximo I'm gonna wait and pray that they bring out some great games such as Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3. How about some Kirby's Dream Land 3, Mega Man titles, and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3? And then when are they going to release GoldenEye for the N64?

And don't call me asshat because I'm not in thrall over NES....it was 16 bit system and the games really aren't that special. Yeah we grew up with it but its not that serious and it doesn't deserve to be treated like its God or something. I can frown on it if I want to.

Last edited:
MasterJedi2U said:
Okay Maximo you might be right about Kirby...I'll think about that one. However theres no way I'm gonna get Ice Climbers or Kid Icarus. Its just not worth it to me. Nor do I have a desire to play NES games. Like Maximo I'm gonna wait and pray that they bring out some great games such as Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3. How about some Kirby's Dream Land 3, Mega Man titles, and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3? And then when are they going to release GoldenEye for the N64?

And don't call me asshat because I'm not in thrall over NES....it was 16 bit system and the games really aren't that special. Yeah we grew up with it but its not that serious and it doesn't deserve to be treated like its God or something. I can frown on it if I want to.

dont mean to be the first dick to correct you, but it was 8 bit. Even better.

Here are some bad-ass NES games we COULD have had:
Metal Gear. Rescue the Embassy. Master Blaster. Tecmo Bowl (& super TB).
Double Dragon I &II. Star Tropics. Dragon Warrior 1-80 FFantasy 1-50. Mega man 1-50. Metroid (duh). Wizards and Warriors. Gauntlet 1 & 2. Rygar. Bases Loaded. Blades of Steel. Double Dribble. Al Unser JR. Turbo Racing. wow Im so cool, I have to stop eventually. (****, castlevania, paperboy, kungfoo ****!)

Last edited:
Lol no prob...I was actually looking at all the SNES games as I was typing and just typed in the 16 bit...but yeah you get my drift...I understand that it was revolutionary and everything at the time but right now its not that big a deal to me. Neither are the games that are coming out on the VC. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to purchase some VC games they'll have some worthy titles available.

Kid Icarus is a classic as is Kirby's adventure. The Nintendo was an 8bit machine and had it's share of awful games. But it also had some of the best games ever. It again shows game play over graphics as does the Wii today. While Ice Climber doesn't excite me at all, Kirby's Adventure and Kid Icarus do. It's been years since I've played either. Right now I have too many games to finish to worry about getting more VC games, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime 2, Zelda's second quest, Twilight Princess and Mario Kart Double Dash.

MasterJedi2U said:
Yeah we grew up with it but its not that serious and it doesn't deserve to be treated like its God or something. I can frown on it if I want to.
I'm guessing you grew up with 64, not NES.

And once again, of course you can have your own opinion. It just so happens that your opinion is wrong.

mym6 said:
Kid Icarus is a classic as is Kirby's adventure. The Nintendo was an 8bit machine and had it's share of awful games. But it also had some of the best games ever. It again shows game play over graphics as does the Wii today. While Ice Climber doesn't excite me at all, Kirby's Adventure and Kid Icarus do. It's been years since I've played either. Right now I have too many games to finish to worry about getting more VC games, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime 2, Zelda's second quest, Twilight Princess and Mario Kart Double Dash.

Back then, you are forgetting the graphics were top notch, so it wasnt anything over anything. Both were best.Thats why people invented "****ing up some ones grandma in the mall to get SMB2". Ive never heard of women fighting in Kmart to get their kids a Coleco Vision or Intellivision. Playstation 2 didnt invent that.

Last edited:
The thing about video games (and most things for that matter) is that one person's all-time favorite game might be another person's most hated game...

Personally, I couldn't wait for them to release Kid Icarus...love that game. I also played the heck out of Ice Climber way back when. Kirby? Couldn't care less...

Eventually, most of the games you want should come out. I'm trying to be patient for Super Metroid...sure, I could piss and moan about how it's not out yet, but I don't see that helping...

Back