us wii

sesh

WiiChat Member
Mar 23, 2007
bristol uk
Wii Online Code
0394-0517-2027-1009
hi i have just received my wii bought from the usa i live in england and i have got the american ac adapter could i buy a uk wii adapter to power my wii without damaging it

yes i buy all my games off ebay and i have bought american games for my game cube and used the free loader to play them the games. the uk are always months behind anyway so i don't mind buying them on the net and waiting a bit longer

because i don't want to wait six months to get one

You could. But all this talk makes me glad I live in the U.S. and get games quicker.

Well, back to the question, I really don't think nothing would happen unless the watts are higher than the wii, but I think they are the same....

I never understood this BS. Looking at some of the Japaneese games, they look cool and according to Wikipedia are never going to make it to the USA.

Why they can't release them for everyone is beyond me. Or at least not region lock them so if we want to import them we can.

they dont release everything in every area, simply because of economics and financial risk. They want to make as much money off a game as they can so they release the games in the areas they think there will be a good audience for it. Just like how they won't release alot of the American FPS games in Japan, because Japanese gamers in general don't go for the FPS genre. Sure there are those there who like it and are hardcore fans, but not so much so that a company is going to risk shipping thousands, if not millions of copies to the region only to have the majority sit on the shelves.

If there's a foreign game that isn't coming over, but we want it enough and make enough noise about it, the company will say "oh, they DO want this type of thing" and will most likely send it on over.

I can understand not maketting them in different regions, but it should be like music.

Say, I like Japaneese music. I'm not going to find that at Target, but if I want to hook up with a retailer of this type of music who imports from Japan, I know the CD will play in my player. I'm going to pay a premium for this, but if I want it, I'll pay it. Total cost to the company marketing it -> $0.

I was involved in the Minidisc scene a while ago. In the US, there was a lack of interest in the format (despite its popularity). However, many companies made nice amounts of $$ importing Japaneese Minidisc products.

That's what I'm talking about - region free machines. If I want ZZZ title only available in Japan, I can get it from an importer. nintendo makes $$, the publisher makes $$, the imprter makes $$ and I get my game. The way it is now, I'd have to modchip my system, void warranty, and get the game.

Seems awfully short-sighted to me. As does DVD region coding.

oh i get ya now. yeah, that pisses me off too. sometimes there'll be a cool game that i WOULD NO DOUBT import, if only it wasn't region coded.

same with movies, i am a GIGANTIC (no exaggeration) movie fan with 100s of DVDs and am constantly finding awesome imports but can't watch alot of them because they're region coded. sure i could get me one of those players that disregards region codes, but i shouldn't have to have so many different pieces of hardware just because they want to make them region specific.

apparantly they region code things, so that companies can make sure they can mantain a release schedule. releasing things in seperate areas without worrying about people getting them ahead of time. and also so that they can effectively have different priced markets through out the regions.

at least that's what wikipedia says, i was curious and looked it up. it makes sense but i still dont like it.

Will a US Wii work in the UK? The US is on the NTSC television standard, and the UK is on PAL...

Like Bigbit said, since the US is NTSC/ATSC and the UK is PAL, wouldn't the Wii display wrong? On my iBook, there is an option to choose NTSC or PAL when I plug it into a television, when I set it to PAL, it looks odd on my screen (since I have an NTSC television) so wouldn't the Wii have a similar effect on a PAL TV??

Back