USB Ports and Keyboard / Mouse

AZ_Wii_Tard

WiiChat Member
Mar 22, 2007
Chandler, AZ
Wii Online Code
5976-8685-8380-4889
Has anyone tried using a wireless keyboard and mouse through the USB ports? This would help a lot with the Internet channel.

Currently no devices can be used in conjunction with the USB ports. There is a third party developing a headset for use with the wii and this may be the first to use the USB ports.

Headset? Who cares about that. A Keyboard and mouse would be sweet for the internet channel.

i use a usb cable to connect to my ipod speakers and wii usb ports, now i dont need batteries for the speaker's :cool:

lee.jarratt said:
i use a usb cable to connect to my ipod speakers and wii usb ports, now i dont need batteries for the speaker's :cool:
Thats all its good for at the moment. More should be on the way very soon.

How much space would there really need to be? Besides a lot of the new accessories have the drivers built in them.

For a keyboard and mouse? Lol. They should take up practically no space at all. We'll have to wait for Nintendo to add in the downloadable drivers. Nintendo may have delayed such attachments for their online network launch June 25th in the US.

Depending on the type of device used the keyboard itself can run up to about 10MB, less for a mouse. adding those up would seem kind of small, but start adding in other channels, vc games, save games and settings; you would would quickly run out of space.

VirtualDreadlock said:
Depending on the type of device used the keyboard itself can run up to about 10MB, less for a mouse. adding those up would seem kind of small, but start adding in other channels, vc games, save games and settings; you would would quickly run out of space.

Unless you store them on SD card, which Nintendo can easily add an update that lets you run programs/channels/vc games/drivers from the card.

i doubt keyboard and mouse drivers would take up 10mb... together..

now i can see a logitec wireless keyboard with all the multimedia buttons and junk taking up 10mb for driver but a nintendo built keyboard with the most basic typing functions wont take up any space... and im sure they could just use the pre exsisting bluetooth but im not sure if theres a limited amount of connections.

All I am looking for is a wireless keyboard like the Apple ones and a mouse. I am sure these will be available sooner or later. It would be nice for use on the internet channels and possibly a few other things.

Thats why I said "can" and not will.

JeremyGTS said:
a nintendo built keyboard with the most basic typing functions wont take up any space... and im sure they could just use the pre exsisting bluetooth but im not sure if theres a limited amount of connections.

I think I also mentioned that too..

what exactly is it that nintendo expects us to be charging with the usb ports. kind of pointless if you ask me.

Back