vc games being played online

nickz2112

WiiChat Member
May 12, 2007
cleveland
Wii Online Code
7171-0126-0181-9068
is there any chance that vc games could go online with an update or something? i haven't heard anything about this. but how awesome would it be to play tecmo bowl or street fighter with people all over the globe?

It was rumored before the wii came out
But its something to do with extra coding

Personally bomberman online would be the clincher

i don't know much about that technical stuff.... is extra code not reasonable?

wouldnt they have to go into the game and change **** around? that would probably be a real pain in the ass. if they were doing this, they may end up charging more for games as well.

Not rly
Games like bomber man are simple every ones on the same screen
But Mario kart could be tricky

Napalmbrain said:
Should be straightforward. They managed it on Xbox Live.

good point... if they could get this to work it would really help push past Xbox. i know tons of people who wouldn't buy a wii regularly but would if you could play mario kart 64 online.

Yeah, I've been told that some (SNES?) games actually incorporate alot of the neccesary programming anyway as there were plans to put it online in Japan or something? I dont know if thats even slightly true, but I dont see why it cant be resolved.

The Wii can have VC games play online. It's up to Nintendo to give us this feature. Zbattle is up if you want to know what it could be like. Nintendo currently has no plans for this year for online VC games.

www.zbattle.net

the old games that are coming to virtual console didnt have an online feature and nintendo has already said (more than once) that they will not tinker with the gameplay in any way, shape, or form.

So i highly doubt we'll ever see virtual console titles to be online...
unless of course they are the "non-retro" indy games that are supposed to come out on vc

i play games on the ps3 online against people all the time.. like Rampart and mortal kombat 2.. im disappointed the wii didnt have this feature and want my money back

XwiimasturX said:
the old games that are coming to virtual console didnt have an online feature and nintendo has already said (more than once) that they will not tinker with the gameplay in any way, shape, or form.

So i highly doubt we'll ever see virtual console titles to be online...
unless of course they are the "non-retro" indy games that are supposed to come out on vc

You mean other then to remove features that were in the original game?

or a 30$ wii disk that has software on it to enable virtual console games to be played online. i have already bought ocarina of time in about five different versions. i dont want to have to buy tecmo bowl again so i can play it online.

Why should nintendo waste their time tryin to bring out old games online when they can use that time to bringout new Wifi Wii games.

Back