VC games only on System Memory?

nyisles84

WiiChat Member
Nov 24, 2006
I was talking to the manager at the local gamestop today and he got a memo saying that VC games can only be saved to the 512 memory in the system..and not onto the SD cards...so if you fill up the 512 you gotta delete games you paid for...now this makes absoultely no sense to me...anyone else hear of this or been able to prove it otherwise...i havent dl'ed any vc yet

You can store them on the SD cards if you need to. Also you can redownload them for free whenever you need to.

I know once your wii has downloaded one before it can download it again free of charge

I am not sure if you can save it onto an sd card though, and if you can I doubt it will be transferable because then games would be transfered to sytems that didnt pay for them

Chunk said:
I know once your wii has downloaded one before it can download it again free of charge

I am not sure if you can save it onto an sd card though, and if you can I doubt it will be transferable because then games would be transfered to sytems that didnt pay for them

Nintendo stated that your Wii somehow knows which VC games you downloaded and payed for so you won't be able to bring your SD cards over to you friends house and play them :(.

from what i figured out you go to the channels menu to save a channel to the sd card and save data to store save files on the sd card in data management. It just wont display a vc game if its only stored on the sd so you have to switch off from the systems internal memory

Back