Vertical Lines of Static Solved...but now what?

DemonRaven

WiiChat Member
Nov 15, 2007
Basically, I got hit with the vertical lines of static a couple of weeks ago. For those who don't know, it's when you leave the Wii on standby mode and it overheats the GPU, resulting in the static pixels in the video.

I've already sent it in for repair, got it back, and it works just like it should again.

However, now what? Should I keep WiiConnect24 off in fear of it happening again? Or is my Wii now safe from this problem? Thanks in advance!

if the problem just started does it help if you unplug the wii and let it cool off or is it just fried

zip said:
if the problem just started does it help if you unplug the wii and let it cool off or is it just fried
Did you read the post...? :S They said their Wii's been repaired already, and is working fine again.

I'd say if it overheated while in standby, either keep WiiConnect24 switched off or put it in a position/location where the cooling fans can get air more easily. Although I've kept my Wii in its stand, on a carpet, with WiiConnect24 switched on ever since I got it at the end of 2006, and it's never seemed to get particularly hot... *Touch wood*

I dunno what to tell you but I sent my Wii in for repair because of the heating and drive tray being loud... I'm going to buy a new case for it with a better cooling system in it, since it will be out of warant when shipped back.

although they should update the firmware to keep the fans running in wiiC24 mode...

Back