Virginia Tech Tragedy Thread of Silence

The_Loose_Cannon said:
WHOAH WHOAH WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOAH WHOAH!!!!

OK first off, this tragety is one of the biggest mass killing sprees in US history! before you say LETS GET RID OF ALL THE GUNS! you need to THINK first.

anyone ever hear of the expression "guns dont kill people, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE????" hello!!!!!!! a gun does NOT go off itself unless you PULL ATLEAST 12 LBS ON THE TRIGGER (standard for most hand guns) or less on a riffle (i dont know what a rifle trigger weighs because my bf adjusts his to a light touch)

this is some kid who was looking for his girlfriend and killed 32 people with a semi auto! now because of this they are trying to ban high cap mags and semi auto weapons.

dont spew out ignorant gun facts if you cant support them.

there are plenty of RESPONCIBLE gun owners out there and because of the bad seeds we shouldnt have to suffer with the reprocussions!

:incazzato:
Guns have been basically baned in Australia now for over 10 years, we have not had a mass killing spree since 1996 as has been stated. We have not suffered because of not having guns.
Sure people kill people, but if people didn't have the tools to kill other people readily accesable, then maybe it wouldn't happen quite so often (Just a thought)

I know guns will never be baned in America for reasons I have already stated in this thread. I just hope that your country can learn from it's mistakes and do something to stop this.

Sovieto you d!ck face.

Interesting this is, for school we have to do a report on an issue. I chose to do mine on "How video games are affecting kids to do violence". So I researched on the Columbine Massacre and found it very interesting that they were "obsessed" with Doom. Whether this affected their shooting is unclear. I wonder if this man has any video games that may have caused him to get ideas?

Robertking1123 said:
i agree. hell these same asses would piss their pants if they banned video games for this. they always blame games for stuff like this. guns are like the game you cant blame gun and games for people deaths. he went killin people cause of a relationship spat. not from playin fps games. so if you want to ban guns then you should also be for banning games too.

what you just said reminds me of the southpark episode with the nondenominational christmas (with the school play and the whole jew thing lol)

im serious though its ignorance that makes people say "guns are bad" guns are very useful and are used as protection. you cant hold good gun owners accountable for the idiots who dont know the first thing about gun saftey.

there are plenty of ways to get further educated for instance joining the NRA or taking some gun classes that some gun shops offer. there are also gun conventions with many of todays top gun manufacturers who have plenty of reading material about the proper care and mantinence of your firearms.

again, i cant stress this enough

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE! :rolleyes:

The_Loose_Cannon said:
again, i cant stress this enough

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE! :rolleyes:
People kill people WITH guns. Sure there are other ways of killing a person, but killing 33 people is not going to be as easily achieved with a knife or a piano wire.
I'm not trying to get anyone to agree with me, just to look at it from the perspective of a country without guns.

Oceanic said:
Guns have been basically baned in Australia now for over 10 years, we have not had a mass killing spree since 1996 as has been stated. We have not suffered because of not having guns.
Sure people kill people, but if people didn't have the tools to kill other people readily accesable, then maybe it wouldn't happen quite so often (Just a thought)

I know guns will never be baned in America for reasons I have already stated in this thread. I just hope that your country can learn from it's mistakes and do something to stop this.

eta- i just read your post above

yes it would be hard but all he has to do is THURST with the knive in the neck and go. he did this execution style.

any weapon and they can be dead almost instantationously

what about knives? knives are legal and more accessable than guns. then you got blunt objects like glass, sticks, pipes, ect. whos to say he this kid couldnt kill everyone with a butcher knife????

guns arent that easy to come by in the US. just beacuse you hear "stories" of "oh so and so got a gun from this kid selling them in an allyway" those arent exactly false but they arent true to a T either.

gun owners go under scrupulous investation with the ATF before they may purchase a gun. my bf actually has to wait for a call back because he was born in the philipines (came here at like 6 months old been a US citizen for 33-34 years and has owned a gun since 1996)

guns will never be banned here but they are making certain aspects of owning one almost phyically impossible for civilians.

Last edited by a moderator:
The_Loose_Cannon said:
eta- i just read your post above

yes it would be hard but all he has to do is THURST with the knive in the neck and go. he did this execution style.

any weapon and they can be dead almost instantationously
But with a gun in a crowded hall, it is MUCH easier to shoot 33 people than it would be to use any other weapon aside from some sort of bomb. Someone with a knife would be much easier to disable than someone with a gun. They are powerful machines, that like you have said, used by idiots someone will get hurt.
But what our Prime Minister did was take the guns away so that they would not be used by an idiot. Sure, guns are good for personal protection, and it is something that in the US you need to worry a lot more than in Australia.
Also, some types of knives are also banned in Australia.

my god. first of all, MANY studies have shown that in areas with more guns there is inherently MORE violence. gun control is the answer.

second, lets get our bill of rights knowledge straight, shall we?

Here are my points, that, based on the framers of the constitution and thus the basis for freedoms in this country, will destroy anything you have to say about the "right" to own a gun.

The 2nd Amendment reads:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

1) This is a PROVISIONAL right. That provision being that a well regulated militia be NECESSARY. This was created around the time of the revolutionary war so that people in the militia, which was composed of regular citizens, could keep their guns in their homes, since the battles were literally being waged in their front yards.

2) Who is part of the well regulated militia in 2007? Not you, unless you are part of the National Guard.

3) States can give you the PRIVILEGE of owning a gun. State laws can be stricter than federal laws, just not less strict, and those laws have to be constitutional. This privilege is analogous to driver's licenses. Its a privilege. If it was a right to own a gun, you be given one on your first birthday, right next to the sippy cup and the care bear bib.

If you make it harder to get a gun, as we can see from our aussie friends, there will be less of these tragedies. In Virginia, you can get a gun WITHOUT a license and from a dealer at a gun show WITHOUT a license. There have been TWO shootings at VT in the past YEAR. Does that make sense?

Give guns to law enforcement because they need them. Take them away from regular people.

Im sorry, but the "ignorant" point of view here is the NRA view.

Deal with it.

jowii said:
my god. first of all, MANY studies have shown that in areas with more guns there is inherently MORE violence. gun control is the answer.

second, lets get our bill of rights knowledge straight, shall we?

Here are my points, that, based on the framers of the constitution and thus the basis for freedoms in this country, will destroy anything you have to say about the "right" to own a gun.

The 2nd Amendment reads:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

1) This is a PROVISIONAL right. That provision being that a well regulated militia be NECESSARY. This was created around the time of the revolutionary war so that people in the militia, which was composed of regular citizens, could keep their guns in their homes, since the battles were literally being waged in their front yards.

2) Who is part of the well regulated militia in 2007? Not you, unless you are part of the National Guard.

3) States can give you the PRIVILEGE of owning a gun. State laws can be stricter than federal laws, just not less strict, and those laws have to be constitutional. This privilege is analogous to driver's licenses. Its a privilege. If it was a right to own a gun, you be given one on your first birthday, right next to the sippy cup and the care bear bib.

If you make it harder to get a gun, as we can see from our aussie friends, there will be less of these tragedies. In Virginia, you can get a gun WITHOUT a license and from a dealer at a gun show WITHOUT a license. There have been TWO shootings at VT in the past YEAR. Does that make sense?

Give guns to law enforcement because they need them. Take them away from regular people.

Im sorry, but the "ignorant" point of view here is the NRA view.

Deal with it.

ok i can SOMEWHAT agree with you on the NRA because most of the members are rather "hickish" ive seen some of them because my bf goes to alot of the gunshows (a LONG time ago or "pre-me" as i like to call it) in texas, indiana, tenesee ect. also out here on long island there is a range out in calverton where there are ALOT of idiots just shooting and not using proper techniques or using eye/ear protection. (there is ONE range officer and she is about 80 yeras old and when you double tap or do rapid fire she screams "SLOW DOWN RAMBO!")

anyways, LEOs and civilians are 2 different entities. you cant confuse the 2. granted like you wrote there is the 2nd ammendment but most of the people who have guns have rifles that they get at their local walmarts in the south lol. seriously if they went into their local PD to file a carry permit chances are theyd be rejected. so what do they do? they buy a shotgun at walmart for 150$ and they call that their homeland defense system.

also, ever wonder WHY people shoot others??? ever actually read some of the police reports not what the LIBERAL MEDIA states? they dont know gun facts they dont know human behavior. they are news casters that read whats written to them on a piece of paper.

first, the fact that people can go down to the walmart and buy is exactly my point. that should not be possible.

second, please don't spout that liberal media bias crap. thats myth created by people like bill o'reilly who feel like their own crazy views aren't being represented by most of america. why is that? because he and people like him are crazy. just wait, its only a matter of time until he makes some comment about how the students deserved it. at any rate, none of this matters for gun control.

a person without a gun could not have killed this many people so quickly. plain and simple.

Ah, but here is something to think about. Instead of regulation, why not do training. Train every person to use a gun, and allow anyone to have one at anytime.

Then when someone comes into the classroom to kill a group of people you would then get half of the class pulling out their own weapons and opening fire on him.

When everyone has the same as you, you are no longer powerful or special.

viperjason said:
Ah, but here is something to think about. Instead of regulation, why not do training. Train every person to use a gun, and allow anyone to have one at anytime.

Then when someone comes into the classroom to kill a group of people you would then get half of the class pulling out their own weapons and opening fire on him.

thats what i initially wrote about. you know how many classes are given for free or a minimal fee to go to that local gunstores/organizations have???? there are so many self defence courses esp for women who have guns. theres plenty to benefit from it

however, once someone has a gun they assume its simple "insert bullet, pull trigger" its not all that simple at all. theres alot of learning and focus with guns its not a toy.

viperjason said:

Sure, if life was an action movie that would work out perfectly. Instead it would lead to more people killing each other. Most studies on domestic gun violence show that murders with guns in the home are a result of a crime of passion. If you have an anger problem, and there is a gun in your night stand, you may not be able to resist the temptation to use it. Giving everyone a gun would lead fist fights turning into gun fights and a lot more dead people.

jowii said:
Sure, if life was an action movie that would work out perfectly. Instead it would lead to more people killing each other. Most studies on domestic gun violence show that murders with guns in the home are a result of a crime of passion. If you have an anger problem, and there is a gun in your night stand, you may not be able to resist the temptation to use it. Giving everyone a gun would lead fist fights turning into gun fights and a lot more dead people.
You missed the important part....Training. Everyone would have to be fully trained.

And you just pointed out that it was the person that was angry that killed the other person....not the gun. Many crimes of passions occur that result in a death WITHOUT a gun. Dont forget that.

All I have to say is, what kind of creep would shoot college students who worked so hard through school just to end up like this? What a creep.

Back