Virtual Save Point in Mario Kart

durabull

Durabull
Dec 2, 2006
I just downloaded Mario Kart 64, and the virtual save isn't working. If I leave the game, I can't resume at that point, whereas I can with the other games. Does the Wii not support this with the N64 games??

No for some reason you can't save in MK 64. Search for it. Yeah its a b*tch. Somebody at Nintendo should be fired...thats why I'm probably not getting it. I'm picking up MK Double Dash instead.

It just can't save ghost files. It saves your progress in the game, just make sure you return to the Wii Menu instead of just turning the system off. As far as the virtual save points, they don't work in N64 games at all apparently cuz Super Mario 64 always starts at the beginning too.
As far as the first thing I said, I'm not even 100% sure you have to go back to the Wii Menu because I've never lost any save info if I turned off the system in the middle of an N64 game.

KPac511 said:
It just can't save ghost files. It saves your progress in the game, just make sure you return to the Wii Menu instead of just turning the system off. As far as the virtual save points, they don't work in N64 games at all apparently cuz Super Mario 64 always starts at the beginning too.
As far as the first thing I said, I'm not even 100% sure you have to go back to the Wii Menu because I've never lost any save info if I turned off the system in the middle of an N64 game.

KPac511 is right, I downloaded this game a couple of weeks ago now and it saves how far you are on GPs and your Time trials automatically. However, it doesn't save your ghost datas because an N64 Save Pak is needed which cannot be supplied on the Wii.

Well, I'm in the UK so maybe they are different...

Back