Wamcom Tablet

tarheelsuperman

...it gonna be zoppity
Dec 9, 2006
The Tarheel State
Wacom Tablet

Does anyone use or has anyone used a Wacom Tablet for your graphic design? If so any reviews or feedback? I'm wondering if it is worth the hefty price tags.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you mean Wacom tablets? If so, I use a smaller one when doing stuff in Illustrator. A lot of people swear by it, they use that instead of a mouse for everything.

It's only worth it if you get one of the bigger ones, like the 6x9.

In short, I like em. I feel they're worth what they charge.

coleman said:
I'm guessing you mean Wacom tablets? If so, I use a smaller one when doing stuff in Illustrator. A lot of people swear by it, they use that instead of a mouse for everything.

It's only worth it if you get one of the bigger ones, like the 6x9.

In short, I like em. I feel they're worth what they charge.

Yep Wacom...It's been a long day :)...I had even googled it correctly and was looking over their site.

Which model do you have?

Also been wondering about these, waiting for feedback. Shift has one (I believe?), mainly waiting for his input. :]

Meh, I'll just stick with mah laser until I get decent. Unless I get the job at a printing shop I interviewed for. w00t. I would start in the t-shirt room, but I could work my way up to design :rolleyes:

Price is a biggy for me right now.

(isn't it for you too tyler?)

tarheelsuperman said:
Yep Wacom...It's been a long day :)...I had even googled it correctly and was looking over their site.

Which model do you have?

I have a little 4x6 one, the cheapest model 4 years ago when I bought it, $100.

Ones out now have hotkeys you can add to em so you can switch brushes, switch cursors, etc. Theyre also pressure-sensitive. For example, if you push down harder, your brush stroke is going to be thicker. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

It's fun to use it in a program called Corel Painter, which is pretty much a digital canvas with your choice of brushes.

Brawny said:
(isn't it for you too tyler?)
Lol, Adam. My budget is so low it's living in the core of the earth right now. I don't really want to spend the $620 I got in the bank right now, just for the sake of having it...

Ohhh a WAMCOM TABLET
I still have no idea what it is

Also lol at my google search leading to this thread :] THEREFORE SOMEONE CANNAE SPELL (which I should of read earlier ;])
Always been tempted to get one of those things, they look sexy. I'd of thought they were cheap...?

Wiired said:
Ohhh a WAMCOM TABLET
I still have no idea what it is

Also lol at my google search leading to this thread :] THEREFORE SOMEONE CANNAE SPELL (which I should of read earlier ;])
Always been tempted to get one of those things, they look sexy. I'd of thought they were cheap...?
*cough*actually pronounced Wacom tablet*cough*

tarheelsuperman said:
So any chance you guys know how to edit a thread title? That would probably clear up my cruddy spelling caused confusion.
Lol, nope. You can't do it, not even sure mods can. xD

Back