WARNING TO all wii owners

I got my Wii at launch, and I haven't had any problems out of it yet, however my copy of MP3 acts pretty screwy at times.

This happened to me also...I was able to get it fixed...If you can hear the buzzing noise over the gameplay music then send it in

There will always be a small amount of every product that is released that will be faulty this can not be helped some products that have a poor hardware design have more problems then others (ie the original 360 cooling system) But the company usually fixes somethings in future versions of the same product to fix these problems Nintendo them selfs had a problem with the hinges on ds lites having cracked hinges if you have a problem with your Wii or any other product under warranty 99% of the time if its not your fault they will replace it free of charge (except maybe shipping of like $5 but it depends).

The Wii has very little problem to produced ratios so there is nothing to worry about if you have a problem call the 1-800 number right away.

P.S. I love the 360 so don't come and flame me its true the original cooling system was flawed everyone knows it.

I got my wii at the beginning of January so its not first wave... But I get a much louder hum while playing MARIO GALAXY than any other game. Anyone else with SMG notice this??

Also, its a shame nintendo didn't just give us N.A. buyers a damn Wii sports dvd case to avoid all the scratches. Sometimes I get the feeling I'm the only person that actually keeps all his games completely scratch-free. :crazy:

JAKE196 said:
I think mine is a little louder than it used to be but it works fine. Do Wii's have a crappy disk drive or something?

Yep, I sent mine in last summer for the very same reason.

Everyone rails on the 360 for have defects, but the Wii has TONS as well. This buzzing drive is becoming a huge problem now that the Wii's have been out. Still, it doesn't get reported at a very high rate becuase the Wii's still technically work...for now. The drives will eventually fail...outside of the warranty period.

Thankfully, I sent mine in within the warranty period and got it replaced for free (shipping and everything); I got my new Wii within 3 days of calling and then sent in the old one.

So, as the original poster stated, if your Wii buzzes at all (it should be pretty close to silent), call Nintendo up ASAP. You don't want to end up with a busted Wii a month outside of the warranty period, do you?

KyleForMe said:
I got my wii at the beginning of January so its not first wave... But I get a much louder hum while playing MARIO GALAXY than any other game. Anyone else with SMG notice this??

Also, its a shame nintendo didn't just give us N.A. buyers a damn Wii sports dvd case to avoid all the scratches. Sometimes I get the feeling I'm the only person that actually keeps all his games completely scratch-free. :crazy:

You can buy relatively authentic looking Wii Sports DVD cases on eBay for like $5 total. I bought one and it matches my other cases (ummm...only one--RE4--as there are no other Wii games worth owning, except for SMG) perfectly.

I've only had mine for a few months, but it occasionally has the buzzing sound.

Is it totally awful that, instead of sending it to Nintendo and being without my Wii for a few weeks, I just shut off the console, shake it a bit, and try again until the buzzing stops? It's obviously a loose component, but there is NO way I'm opening the thing up while it's still under warranty.

I had the same problem but I sent mine in before the warranty expired. I got it fixed...just in case if anything ever happened.

Back