Wii Won't Read Any Disc

dleech0724

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
My Wii is a few years old now. I didn't use it for about 6 months. When I tried to play it with a Just Dance 4 disc, and then any other disc I have tried, it comes up on the screen with the following message: "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii off and refer to the Wii Opeartions Manual for help troubleshooting." I bought the Nintendo Wii Lens Cleaning Kit, but to no avail--the error meassge still comes up. Any suggestions?

If cleaning the lens didn't fix your disc reading issue, a number of other issues may be the problem. The lens may be out of place, or perhaps the drive has simply burnt out from age (unlikely unless you played your Wii quite a bit).

Odds are you'll need a professional to repair it, regardless of what the issue is, unless you've a lot of experience tinkering with electronics yourself. Nintendo offer repairs, but they aren't at all quick and can be pricey. Contrarily, some stores may offer unofficial repairs. Cheaper 'n much quicker, and often just as reliable as Nintendo's.

Back