Well were just gonna have to see...arnt we? LOL

CyanRussel

2062-8990-6509 GET READY!
Mar 19, 2007
In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
Wii Online Code
3760-9059-7725-6846
Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has predicted that Nintendo will report sales of US$ 5.28 billion in its 3rd quarter report this January 24. In addition, he also mentioned that he expects the company to raise its sales guidance to US$ 14.5 billion dollars in the fiscal year of 2008.

In making these predictions, Pachter pointed out that the company sold 13 million Wiis and 54 million DS units through September right before the holiday season last year. He added that they estimated global DS sales during the third quarter at around 12 million and Wii global sales at around 7 million units.

Pachter is expecting this trend to continue in the year 2008. He noted that the current estimates of Nintendo were too conservative and that he believes that the company will be making US$ 14.5 billion dollars this year. According to Pachter, "Nintendo's recent financial performance has been spectacular and we continue to believe its FY:08 guidance is conservative."

Things have been going really well for Nintendo. However, we're going to have to wait and see if Pachter's predictions hold true. After all, a lot can happen in the span of a year.:yikes:

A way to start a prediction huh?
Thoughts?

potentially

once brawl and mario kart comes out, there's going to be way more demand
i have a lot of friends that are planning on buying a wii, but are waiting for brawl, i believe there are a lot of similar cases like this

(and don't forget that they make money off the software, and practically everyone's going to be getting those two games)

Last edited:
I don't think SONy is going to drop their price and even if they did they still do not have games that over lap the Wii experience. The Wii will be unaffected by the HD systems unless they can figure out how to get the Wii owners to actualy buy their systems.

WiitnessID said:
I don't think SONy is going to drop their price and even if they did they still do not have games that over lap the Wii experience. The Wii will be unaffected by the HD systems unless they can figure out how to get the Wii owners to actualy buy their systems.

you want totalk about games?

go to sensesfail's thread

total of 14 games got over 8.0 reviews, 14!
Total of 41 ps3 games got 8.0 and over, wow big difference
and i belive it was 81 for 360, though it has been out for 2 years so obviously =P

the wii experince is imo none less than any other game, yes ill agree wii did something OLD thats right OLD not new its been done before on another system

zeon9881 said:
you want totalk about games?

go to sensesfail's thread

total of 14 games got over 8.0 reviews, 14!
Total of 41 ps3 games got 8.0 and over, wow big difference
and i belive it was 81 for 360, though it has been out for 2 years so obviously =P

the wii experince is imo none less than any other game, yes ill agree wii did something OLD thats right OLD not new its been done before on another system

So what games on the PS3 are causing it to sell out? SONY is known for having the highest price equipment why will the PS3 be any different? I mean hell it took for ever for them to bring the PS down to 99 dollars. I glad you can count so just look at the top 5 games being sold in japan right now. You may not like them but SONY has no answer. Complete silence.... Wait they only have a new color! Sweet! All of those great games and no one is buying them... a shame...

I've been to that guy's thread and he can't even get all the way though my comment before yelling LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA,,,,LOL
It's denial you know. I mean really until reviewers offer funds to buy said games then the review means nothing. It really does seem like gamers arn't as hardcore as they though or either they have not gotten that second job needed to buy games. The funny thing is the Wii by passes all of the review stuff and people are more likely to actually play the game they want to purchase the Wii for. The Wii owner is not really governed by the review sites. That is some thing left for the so called hardcore gamers. I mean really Am I going to get a review score for a VC game when I have the mag from when it came out...LOL The Wii reminds me of a situation where the answer to a collapse was found before it happened. Yet the players are too big for another collapse to happen... right?

Also what is this old thing that Wii has done? out sale every other console from the past in the first year? Get real grown ups to play instead of people who call them selves mature? These are new things to me with hardware that people can actually afford. Sounds smart to me? It's also getting the job done in a really big way. I don't see what the problem is? Powerful hardware has always been the niche of this market. Thats why it usually cost more for the bang. I may sit this one out until the PS3 proves it's power that you fan boys keep talking about. In the mean time I have my PC and Wii and PS2. Yes I'm playing crysis and hopefully I will get a UT3 mod out this year! So no I don't hate the PS3 I just don't want one yet.

Last edited:
Back