What character will you use in SSBB? {SPOILER ALERT}

I don't understand how this tier thing works... If the top tier is the "best" why is Link so near the bottom? And Samus... And Ganondorf? And why is Peach near the top?

Wolf, Fox, Sonic, Pit, Pokemon Trainer, and ROB. Wolf and Sonic will be my mains but if Wolf turns out to be slower than I imagined than I will main Fox and Sonic, Speed is my game.

Subarnu said:
I don't understand how this tier thing works... If the top tier is the "best" why is Link so near the bottom? And Samus... And Ganondorf? And why is Peach near the top?
because this is a professional tier list not a personal one. just because you or i happen to suck with Peach and are good with ganon, samus, or link doesnt mean that is the order they go in. it simply means your good with a couple lower tier characters and not good with some higher tier ones. for casual play the tier list means nothing. even in tourneys its not a huge deal, you can use anyone you want. but the higher tier characters are more rounded and better in more situations. specifically to the characters you mentioned goes as follows:

peach is good because of her turnips and her float cancel move. her turnips are awesomce cuz you carry them around and they have suprisingly good knock back. you can control matches with her turnips.
her float cancel is cancelling her second jump by presing down on the control stick. if you do this you will float... if you continue to hold the jump button. this seems useless but it enables her to use her complete arsinal of air attacks (which own) and when floating they are lag free.
she also has a wicked recovery

Ganon is powerful and heavy. but he's slow and easily combo'd. he's disadvantaged against fast players with good arials. if you play a good sheik with your ganon you'll most likely be handled fairly easily. he has no projectiles and he doesnt run fast so tech chasing is slow. his up tilt is useless.

samus while being quick, and having the best projectiles in the game seems to lack a quick ko move. and she's the perfect weight to combo. fairly useless grab move (super long but slow and missed grabs leave you wide open) but she does have amazing recovery. her charge b move is nearly useless. easily dodged and sheik's needles can make it disappear... which defies all logic.

link has range and power. but he's slow and his moves are laggy. use his bombs and boomerang and you can control the stage. but you can easily be towered and shffled given his weight. he also has a terrible recovery unless your close enough to tether.

but again. skill plays a much bigger factor than what i just said. if your better you'll win. characters shouldnt matter. this just gives you an edge in deciding who to use... helps explain strength's and weaknesses.

my characters are...
-Link (mained him in melee, and I think he's the best)
-Sonic (he's freaking SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, do you really need a reason?)
-Lucario (Finally, a fighting pokemon in a fighting game)
-Pit (I don't think anyone denies that Pit looks like one of the best new characters around)

I'll most likely go for Link, because he has been my best in Past games. But I want to try a new character. Meta Knight, and defidently PIT.
Pokemon Trainer Looks fun, not because of Pokemon, but because of the interesting Game play...

Subarnu said:
hmmm, now I rly wanna play Peach lol
haha ya man i used to play as her she's awesome. if you dont want to get all technical with the float cancelling (cuz its kinda hard to use effectively) just spam down smashes and turnips haha they own

Haha, whenever I play against her and she throws a turnip at me I always catch it and throw it back. Sometimes we go on like that for a while, tossing turnips back and forth.

^ haha thats funny. sometimes we play everyone peach only turnips on hyrule lol we get up to like 400% just from turnips

Back